• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training for size, studys heavily supports training with higher intensity/reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-m6_Z97Bg]Training For Strength vs Training For Size - YouTube[/ame]

This is a load of crap that new wannabe bodybuilders like to sprout off. Training for strength can and does lead to development. Not saying its the only way but it is most definitely one way to do it.

Also, not a load of crap, tons of studys prove you wrong. Sure training for str will build you some muscle, but if you want to be a competitive bodybuilder some day you gotta stop kidding yourself.

Theres studies shown in the thread shown.

So that is everything? Have you read said studies in entirety? Do you know how to critically dissect a study? Have you looked for studies that run contrary to your hypothesis? If not don't use studies to back your statement.

I am not against the point (besides you thinking you can't gain significant mass when still training for strength as a primary goal) i am against you using someone else's knowledge as the be all and end all and then thinking and acting like you know the details behind it.

Volume (which in turn means time under tension) builds mass when sufficient calories and nutrients are present. Smaller volume normally means less size. Getting more TUT normally means more size. Not revolutionary, but you have to remember not everyone wants to be a competitive bodybuilder and a lot do it for overall function (size, strength, looks, health etc).

I'm pretty much a complete novice, but i've been training for just under a year now. And from my experience so far on a strength program, i've grown quite alot. i've put on around 20kg in 8 months and all of my lifts have skyrocketed, i know that either way this would of all probably happened if i stuck to it, but i feel that it does depend on the person doing the program. And it would be lie to say my muscles haven't developed. I've built a fairly decent chest from bench and dips. I doubt it would of made much difference if i had a full chest day, same with legs with squats and back with deads.

Its well known that higher reps at a higher intensity produces greater hypertrophy results. Even powerlifters recognise this and apply the knowledge appropriately in their assistance training, so I am wondering what you're trying to imply with this post.

Success leaves clues, look at every past my olympia and see how they trained.

[ame=http://youtu.be/QKEYG5Y3U0g]RONNIE COLEMAN - 360 kls (800 pounds) - YouTube[/ame]
Here is Ronnie Coleman training for strength? kind of contradicts what you're saying doesnt it?

Lets be clear here, Some of them may have done powerlifting style training very early on and everything else in between however, their physiques were built with bodybuilding.

Arnold didn't get the pump by doing 3 reps

Last edited:
Many ways to build muscle. The OP saying chasing strength doesn't build muscle is just a load of crap.

Many ways to build muscle. The OP saying chasing strength doesn't build muscle is just a load of crap.

Pretty much, even with good form you're not going to be able to lift heavy without building some muscle.

But i think for everyone basically you need a combination for getting best results and i would argue even bodybuilders train many different ways throughout the year, so during an off season they when in cal surplus they would be more inclined to lift heavy with lower reps and when cutting do more of higher volume lower weight high rep training, not saying this is the only way but i would think that most would change it up at various stages throughout their training and get the best of everything.

Lets be clear here, Some of them may have done powerlifting style training very early on and everything else in between however, their physiques were built with bodybuilding.

Arnold didn't get the pump by doing 3 reps

Most at the top tried everything.

Dave draper built his physique on high volume, Casey viator built his on an abbreviated routine, mentzer.
Arnold? Who knows.
The common thread with these blokes was their work ethic and their genetics.

Nothing to do with the system or program.

People keep wasting their time trying to have this discussion on here. Half this place has their head stuck in a fuckin bucket and are completely disinterested in what is happening outside of said bucket.

For anyone who can see a bit of light from outside their bucket, here's how it really is

1. Training for strength will build muscle.

2. Training for development will improve strength.

3. For maximal power transfer to the bar, you need to train specifically for it. There are far more factors involved than the potential power output of the primemover muscle group.

4. For maximal development, you need to train specifically for it. All the other factors involved in moving a bar need to be eradicated as much as possible.

5. Arguing about shit on the internet is not only catabolic, it taxes your nervous system and your strong leaks out.

6. Pull that fuckin bucket back down and go lift something.

Most at the top tried everything.

The common thread with these blokes was steriods and their genetics.

Nothing to do with the system or program.

Fluffy beat me to this....

But I feel that genetics is the number one factor!!! Followed by the who ever has the most effective steriod regime...

Status
Not open for further replies.