• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Testosterone 10.8

Bad recovery, mood swings especially when worn out, decrease sex drive compared to other males, you get along with your sister and of course it's had to loose fat.

If you think it may be a problem go to the doctor and say "I want to get ALL my hormones checked as I feel I suffer from x, y and z" Share your rests with the forum or noobs because allot of doctors just won't care. My doctor didn't even pick up my a problem in my blood that could lead to gout.

Thanks to this thread I have just spoken to my doctor about it. He is such a champ, I requested a test for my T and he said "lets be sure about this and chuck on a few more things, just to be safe". He's included iron, thyroid, free T, a couple more things and all the stuff mentioned in this thread.

He was super excited about it because he's interested in sport but hasn't had the opportunity to work on a clinical level with athletes before lol, he was honest, but very keen.

I'm going to the lab on wednesday. He said to call friday for results.

Good luck mate. My recovery with the hcg is working well. Looking forward to starting my HRT though. Let us know how you go.

I noticed when I went in there this morning the doctor forgot to put a heap of the test stuff on, pretty much only had free test, the rest was thyroid, cholesterol, iron etc

So I asked the lady if she could add:
Testosterone, LH, FSH, IGF-1 estradiol, DHEA/DHEA-s and Cortisol.
Is there any I've missed?

She said she couldn't, the doctor had to. But they keep the blood sample for 7 days so she took a third tube and then gave me the I'd number. She said to call my doctor this arvo and ask him to ring the lab and ad the tests I want.

Bit of an inconvenience and I don't want my doctor to think I'm undermining him. So I'm not sure if I'll call him, bt I'd really like to see the results of the above.

Bit of an inconvenience and I don't want my doctor to think I'm undermining him. So I'm not sure if I'll call him, bt I'd really like to see the results of the above.
Call him!

Get them added ASAP. Pretty useless without them. I know my T level is 17 but I don't know the rest so can't start a course to get it increased. I have to go back and request a whole new set of bloodwork with all the required checks before I can start actioning it.

Do it now, do it once, do it right.

Cheers,
Mike

E2
And cortisol maybe the only other ones at this stage to look at, but he may investigate further depending on your results.

Some gp's wouldn't even of bothered with what he has done..

The amount of times I complained of prostate pain to different gp's ( I even got fingered twice) and was told that pain was normal is mind boggling.( it was oestrogen irritating it) So at least he is doing something.

Only problem is he has to justify to Medicare why it's happening.. Sometimes you make a request and pathology won't to it if they don't see a reason too..

I.e if tsh is fine they assume t3 t4 is so unless your dr writes in the description a possible cause or why he is investigating it won't get done.

LOL, my doctor told me not to come back to her practice.......
She wouldnt help me, so I used my own initiative then employed the help of others

That's ridiculous, how many gp's approx. just passed this off?

I've got E2 and cortisol on the list dont i?

I left a message earlier and my doctor just called me back now.

He was more than happy to request every single test I asked for and explained the basics of each test an hormone.

What a champion! I was actually a bit worried about it, but he couldn't have been more comforting and supportive.

He said he didn't really understand why the IGF-1 was in there, but would request it anyway for me. Told me to ring back Monday for results.

Wow what a fucking legend..

I'll be sticking with this guy till he retires.

He doesn't bulk bill and he's not the cheapest. But can't you really put a price on this sort of medical care?

Last edited: