• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Superlifting at theOlympia

PTC

Thought you guys might like this video, powerlifting is experiencing change

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbbgK2N7cpY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - olympia.wmv[/ame]

The head judge is Gordon Santee, I spoke about him in another thread

Ok these guys have 800lbs on their backs so I really shouldn't say anything, but none of the squats was below parallel. In training and in competitions, I've seen novices and intermediates get their squats redlighted for being around the same level or even deeper, but for some reason, the supers always get the same squat depth passed.

Last edited:
Watch the hip in relationship to the knee... not the thigh.

It can appear that the squat is too shallow if a person has extremely thick thighs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I was watching the hips... still can't see how that's below parallel. Could be camera angle, but that's borderline at best.

Here's a SHW with super thick thighs squatting (admittedly less poundage at 305kg raw) obviously below parallel: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHMkz0jf6dU]YouTube - Hossein Reza Zadeh 305kg squat[/ame] - even with the camera far away, I can easily see that his hip is below the top of the knees. He has the same stance width and same kind of shoes as the first of the above two (Sider?).

Dancelot,

Have a look at bud jefferies (1000lb) squat from the bottom on YouTube, what do you think?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bud Jefferies, legend of the bottom up squat, takes serious balls with 1000lbs, so big it makes it very hard to see where anything is.

Great article on him in Milo a few years ago

I don't know what the specific rules were for this comp- but it was an exhibition rep comp. So- who cares???

It also needs to be noted that front-on is a far from perfect view point to witness a squat. You can make a much more accurate judgment from the side.