• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max's Challenge 2014

Thanks.

I don't want to be that guy, but voting has opened today. It doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of who makes the Top 10, but there are a few giveaways for people with the most votes.

This is a link to my Max's profile where you can see my official after photos, blogs, write-up info and where you can vote for me. Give it a look over if interested.
Max's Muscle-Up Challenge 2014

I won't spam all my photos in this thread, as they are all in my training diary log.
Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding

Hey thanks for that Steve, really appreciate it. It's a bit weird how the program starts off with training a body part once a week then towards the end it goes to twice a week, usually its the other way around.

Anyway I have registered so I can vote and I gave you all 3 of my votes.

By the way I'm planning to start next week, have to get all the products and food organised. Might even do a before and after photo. You have inspired me

Last edited:
No worries. I'm glad it has motivated you. People whinge about supplements, etc, but there's something to be said for actually getting out, following a plan and getting results.

Max's is actually starting their challenge in Feb next year, so not too long away. If I was you, get comfortable on the Week 1-4 plans. They are quite maintainable, and it's more about breaking bad habits and creating healthy ones. One of my friends did the exact thing last year and lost 20kg in 3 months on just the basic first week plans by being strict with diet and training.

Then when the challenge comes around in a few months, start to tighten things up a bit and push a bit harder in the gym.

your right steve, I have decided to go for that approach, at the moment I am riddled with injuries, have a sore shoulder, trying to sort out patella tendinitis, have really sore ribs when I inhale so I'm gonna maintain what I am doing now whilst trying to recover and do the challenge in Feb. It's not that far away plus whilst doing the program, it gives me something to strive for when I'm in the challenge. Also going away in December which will mess things about.

I would say the most important thing (I guess for fitness in general) is to get your diet in check. Knowing what works for your body (portion sizes, meal timing, macros) and creating good habits so you don't snack on unhealthy food is much harder than training, and will have the biggest impact on how you look.

There's nothing stopping you from trying the meal plans out. Once you're in the routine of the meal plans provided, you'll be a step ahead of the other challengers.

Profiles worth checking out.

Artur Migas

Clint Currie

Gary Ruiz

Iain Nash

John Landau

Marc Baker

Nathan Karas

Rick Longden

Troy Davies

Profiles worth checking out.

Elle Hickey

Lindsay Turner

Montana Black

Nadia Cassidy

Sonia Pagnin

Tara Vear

Tina Louise

unreal transformations, who was the winner steve?

That isn't announced until the gala night on the 15th of November. Today they announced Top 50. This Friday they announce Top 10, then next Thursday the Top 10 get flown to Melbourne for the weekend. The weekend includes a back story and photoshoot for each person for the promo DVD. They all get sponsored/free supplements for a year and a bunch of other free stuff. Then on the gala night they announce Top 3 and then the winners.

I'm kind of hoping I won't get Top 10. I'm one of the best men in a friends wedding next weekend, so I wouldn't be able to make it. Not making Top 10 means my challenge has come to end up organically and I didn't have to pass and wonder what if. I don't think it will be problem though lol.

Last edited:
Just an update for those wanting to give it a go this year. Registrations open in a few weeks.