• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

If you could go back in time

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
If you could go back in time to the moment you started training, what are some tips you'd give to yourself?

Yep, eat more and don't worry about how much weight everyone else is lifting, worry about how much weight you can lift properly.

I would tell myself:

1. DO NOT miss training days
2. Focus on the muscle being trained not the girls doing circuit
3. The meaning of intensity to a 40yo rather then a 20yo (its not how hard you try to lift that weight, or how loud you grunt)

For my rugby & judo training I would have said 'get out of the weights room and do some more road runs & sprints' I did this later and my game improved dramatically.
As for my weight training, I would have said 'keep a diary, say hi to the hot chics and talk to the bigger guys in the gym about training'

dont let life get in the way. Keep at it now instead of having to undo 6 years of sloth later.

Stop doing zillion sets of bicep curls, work on legs instead of putting it in the too hard basket.

Lol.........don't beat yourself up.
Most of us started training under the universal principles of:
Train what the chicks can see, by the time they see your legs you've already nailed them. ;)

I'd have lots of things to say to myself. Many of them also apply outside the weights room.

- Don't try to rush things.
- Don't train too hard. It's important to learn when to back off.
- Consistency is important. It's not about training hard for a short burst and then you're done, you need to keep making good decisions over time.
- Don't underestimate what you can do in a year.
- Plan your training around your life and not the other way around.
- Surround yourself with successful, like-minded people.
- You will get injured. It's unavoidable. When it happens, work to fix the problem rather than work around it.
- Get rid of excess body fat before it hangs around too long.
- Nutrition is at least as important as training. Think about what you eat.

1.Fuck all the ugly girls, your gonna regret not doing it when you are older.

2. Borrow more money buy more property, it'll make your future ex wife much happier and wealthier