• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] How We Get Fat.....

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
Stolen..........

n00bs can you break it down for all of us? My brain is fried and doesn't want to decipher the basics.

Lyle has some good articles, he can be a bit of an ass though.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm a bit surprised you posted an article by Lyle McDonald being that he's such a strong advocate for ketogenic diets.

I like Lyle because he makes me look concise and succinct.

After I said something like that in a comment, he took the time to write to me and call me a "petulant little cunt," which was thoughtful of him.

You get fat because you eat a lot and move your body little. I think that's as much as most of us need to know. Some with health conditions or those aiming to go from 12 to 10% bodyfat might need to know more. But that ain't many of us.

How nice of him kyle, should I read too much into what it says? Or just follow a normal 40/40/20 diet and the basic in/out principle? It was a bit hard to decipher what he was actually saying so I didnt bother trying to delve too deep into it.

Nice post Christian. I've never heard of this guy, he makes some very interesting points.

The calories in/calories out is fatally flawed though, you dont need to be Einstein to work out it isnt accurate.

For the most part, if we simply ignore processed carbs and eat lean protein with fruit and veg, exercise on a regular basis, were going to look better in 3 months than we do today.

I'm a bit surprised you posted an article by Lyle McDonald being that he's such a strong advocate for ketogenic diets.

Ketogenic diets might be great for fatloss, but i like to consider health and no quick fixes...

If you need keto to get to somewhere how will you stay there?

Ill post anyones info if it is relivent...

However i am not a beliver in eliminating vegetables and fruits in the aim of "fat" loss...

Stolen because it explains alot easier then me typing it out.

I know claories in calories out is ridiculous... There are so many things envovled in the process that it isnt funny... If it were the case we could all loose fat eating 1 meal a day without training... I would simply get fatter.

On Bio channel right now

A 33yo who never went through puberty, he is getting hormone therapy.

He is sooooo fat, lack of test is dreadful

I think having high test levels is easily the best way too stay lean.

we should eat and exercise in a way that promotes test, GH and IGF-1

For the record, this guy has a 4cm penis

Gareer it's not a method of how to lose weight it is just an explanation of the mechanisms of fat accumulation. A brief intro into hormonal effects etc. He has good stuff so does Aragorn or whatever his name is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cheers dave, the pain meds they've got me on are slowing my mental speed a huge amount (it actually says it will on the box). Which is messed up, but i digress...Interesting to see how our bodies accumulate fat, mess with a well oiled machine and its gonna start breaking down pretty fast...

You need to separate dieting/cutting and eating healthy - if your dieting/cutting then keto for ALOT of ppl/bodybuilders is great....for the general public that want to eat a "healthy" diet its not the way to go...

Not sure which way your looking at it.....

If your dieting you do wat u need to do...when eating healthy its a different story....

I may have missed something...but have you ever tried keto dieting?

Eat less move more, I said that four years ago.
Calories in vs the calories out equation for weight loss is Nebulus at best, this practice will only make you hungry.
I might right a book.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes i have and workouts failed miserably.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with Christian.

I dont believe anyone training for strength will do well on a keto diet, well thats my experience any way.

I have seen very rapid fat loss, I use these diets for clients that need to lose weight quickly in a fortnight or so.

Yes i have and workouts failed miserably.
Posted via Mobile Device

I suppose what works for one may not work for another! - I think it depends how u do it also - some ppl get mixed up in keto and either eat the wrong things or not enough protein and fat I have found.

Whenever I do keto diets (everytime I diet) I find that I keep pretty much all my strength while dropping weight - have lost upto 20kgs on keto and prob had a drop in strength of about 5-6% over 16 weeks.

Its also a mind set - if your dieting you tend to get lazy....if you focus abit more and push urself your strength and workouts will not be shit.

I agree with Christian.

I dont believe anyone training for strength will do well on a keto diet, well thats my experience any way.

I have seen very rapid fat loss, I use these diets for clients that need to lose weight quickly in a fortnight or so.

As a strength athlete keto is not a good diet to have - I still get ppl to keep there fats high though even if not on keto - i.e 100-150g a day.

I've tried keto a couple of times, my strength seemed ok but it was my endurance that suffered. I really struggled with intensity throughout the session. It was awesome for weight loss though and I'm considering giving it another shot after I complete PPP to see if I can get into single digit body fat %
Posted via Mobile Device

doesn't this mean a low carb, moderate fats but high protein would be good? for fat loss? cause low carbs and modertate fats would be easily burnt and there will be a fat deficit and high protein does not affect the oxidiation of both carbs and fats? O-O