• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Seated is better, you can see that the knee is braced correctly, it won't move forward, and the seat is short so it won't place restriction on the muscle.

in the second pic the seat is too long, and the support is on top of the thigh.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 33
What about Nordics/GHR? Even assisted with a band if you can't do bodyweight with good form

I like the seated curl. It's grouse.
Can really feel a good contraction in the hammies, unlike the sldl where all I feel is the stretch.

Great reply mate, thanks.
It's usually gone 3-4 days after leg day, but I can feel that it's not DOMS.

Alright, so I'm doing the right thing with my back nice and straight, there seems to be some conjecture about this.
I focused tonight on really powering through with the legs like I thought I had previously, but with more focus I saw that I hadn't been concentrating as well as I should.
Squats felt better, but I need to lower the weight on the SL Deadlifts to achieve the form you're talking about.
I was probably doing more of a Romanian Deadlift as I see more of a benefit for my hamstrings than a SL.

I'm hoping to get a rack soon so I focus on correcting form and being safe when squatting.

Thanks everyone for the replies! 2 or 3 pages worth in the time it took me to get back to my computer.
I'm going to add some more focus work on my lumbar which I thought was pretty strong but maybe not the case.
Also will try some form tweaks to get things happening better.

Fadi you're not wrong. Turns out its been tight glutes the whole time. Have to roll on them frequently at the moment and extra stretching too.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk