• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheapest gym flooring

cksa361

How much would the cheapest gym flooring be? And where would i get it? Doesn't have to be good quality, can be dodgy / second hand --> after all, it's just going into my garage gym.

Thanks.

EDIT: bumper plates are going to be dropped on them...from overhead.

Last edited:
I like the commercial ones from gymdirect. Better off paying an extra $10 and NOT getting cheap ones - after all, its going into your garage gym and bumper plates are going to be dropped on them...from overhead.

My gym is in my garage and I have an old piece of carpet as my flooring. Being a tradesmen I had easy access to old, decent carpet.

yep old carpet and plywood makes up my gym floor but mainly because my dogs would tear shit out of any rubber flooring i put down

Even look at making you own olympic lifting platform. I ended up getting everything from bunnings for 8 foot x 8 foot platform.
Included about 5x sheets of 1.2 x 2.4 ply, some 25mm thick pine and all the screw for about $350.

The I purchased some rubber to cut up for the sides and did the rest of the room with economy rubber for about $30 per square metre!

Interesting . . .

May have to do something similar myself in the future.

Heya, been reading for a while, but decided to log in to post my experience.

I hunted around for ages, and ended up with Gym Rubber from a place called Carpet Tiles 1 in Marrickville NSW

Its the same stuff that gymdirect has but was cheaper. They also ship it really cheap anywhere you want to, so was a great option for me, or you can pick it up from them in Marrickville.

I got mine on ebay from them for $30 per square metre, but they also have their own website I found out afterwards.

Hope that helps.

If you're in Melb, i've got what you need. I've sold 10sq, got 10 left which i'm listing on eBay soon.

Check the for sale forum. It's the real deal, I paid premium for it.

Cheers,
Sam

Got mine from Gym Direct, my old man got me 12m squared as an Xmas presy. Also remember you get a discount from Gym Direct if you are a member here, so mine worked out to be $27 a meter from memory.

Bumping an old thread..... I have carpet in my gym but want to lay another type of flooring on top.
I don't want to pull up the carpet because its brand new, I don't want a trip hazard either. My deadlifts have come up to 90kgs and dropping this weight onto the house foundation I'm sure is not healthy.
Would it be suitable to lay rubber or better to build a lifting platform where I deadlift?

I was about to start a thread about the place I'm getting my rubber flooring from, full commercial and cheaper than the usual places. Plus it's 25mm thick instead of 10-15.

here's the link:
Retail Rubber Sales Enquiries Fairmont Polymers

for reference there's a sale on at the moment, 1mby1m 25mm thick tiles are $38 and 50mm thick are $45.
You could always try using the rubber by itself and see if you want to build the platform, as you'll need the rubber anyway.

I bought my Gym flooring from 366 Edgar Street in Condell park, you can buy as little or as much as you like, I bought two mats and made a lifting platform with ply bought from Bunnings, best thing I made well worth the effort, I train on a tile floor inside the rumpus room, stops the noise as well.

I live near here

Here is my original post on this: