• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodybuilding Related Books recommendation List

zan777

I searched around and couldn't seem to find anything like this on the forums so I thought I'd start one up. Basically this is meant to be a list of books that are relevant to the bodybuilding/gym area. I've only just started out so my list of books won't be as long as some of you guys so please post your recommendations.

Here's a couple to start people of:

Candyflips list:

Advanced German Volume Training (Charles Poliquin)
Features the fabled AGVT Eastern Bloc system that builds huge hulking machines out of dweeby Western white boys.

Last edited:
Nice idea for a thread. Do PDF books count as well?

I'd add in :

"Advanced German Volume Training" by Charles Poliquin.
Features the fabled AGVT Eastern Bloc system that builds huge hulking machines out of dweeby Western white boys.​

HINT : all these books can be downloaded from the InterWeb with a decent search (i.e name/PDF)

HINT : all these books can be downloaded from the InterWeb with a decent search (i.e name/PDF)

while i do have a few ebooks in my collection that i read on my samsung tab , but prior to that ebooks were a pain , reading them on the screen burns your eyes plus it was a bit awkward taking the lappy to the crappy to read a book on the bogger

Nice idea for a thread. Do PDF books count as well?

Thank's Candyflip i've added your list to the OP. If the PDF books are available freely i'l add a download link to the post but yours apear to cost.

Keep suggestions coming

If the PDF books are available freely i'l add a download link to the post but yours apear to cost.

Nope, you just need to know where to look.

If anyone wants the ones from my list (incl. 'Starting Strength' from your's) I can provide a link to my server copies. But only privately. 'The 4 Hour Body', for example, is a copyrighted (and still available) work.

I don't think its appropriate to talk about downloading copyright material on this forum. Although if they mods allow I can find sources for all the books in the OP

In the mean time, can anyone recommend some good nutrition books

Another book I just remembered: 'Muscle' by Sam Fussell (1992)

At age 26, scrawny, Oxford-educated Samuel Fussell entered a YMCA gym in New York to escape the terrors of big city life. Four years and 80 lbs. of firm, bulging muscle later, he was competing for bodybuilding titles in the "Iron Mecca" of Southern California-so weak from intense training and starvation he could barely walk. MUSCLE is the harrowing, often hilarious chronicle of Fussell's divine obsession, his search for identity in a bizarre, eccentric world of "health fascists," "gym bunnies" and "muscleheads"-and his devout, single-minded acceptance of illness, pain, nausea, and steroid-induced rage in his quest for the holy grail of physical perfection.

A great read.