• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

thabest1

Hey guys, name's Kyle i just joined this forum because i'm genuinely trying to better my lifestyle and i have absolutely no idea of how to go about it. Let me start by saying a few things about myself, i'm 18 , 6 foot 2 inches tall and 96kg and i have a fair bit of body fat. I live on the sunshine coast (moved up from NSW a couple of months ago) and do pretty much no exercise.

I'm really pleading for your help guys, i know next to nothing about nutrition, supplements and training. To top it all of i have Aspergers Syndrome, it's a social disorder that causes me to be socially awkward (eg: i hate eye contact and crowds and i barely talk to people i don't know) This i see as a real barrier as it makes even the idea of going to a gym and talking to people a very daunting task. I have a set of 20kg dumbbells (10kg each), a skipping rope, and a hand grip thingy.

What i'm really asking is what diet do i need to be on to achieve my goal (less body fat and a lower weight) what fat burning supplements will help me and can i do adequate exercise at home to achieve my goal without having to go to the gym.

Welcome Kyle...

First off a book to read for you..
Gut and Psychology Syndrome | GAPS Diet ? Gut and Psychology Syndrome | GAPS Diet

Then to the drs to get your vitamin d3 checked
A recent study has revealed that Autistic people often have extremely low levels of Vitamin D.
And we are talking low here - an average of 31nmol/L in adult Autistic patients.
The effect of this is made even more pronounced by the fact that Autistic individuals actually need MORE vitamin D than usual.
An Autistic child will need between 160nmol/L - 250nmol/L serum levels of Vitamin D instead of the usual 80nmol/L - 100nmol/L usually recommended for a child. Adults will also need a higher level than what is listed as a reference.
In this review, they found that autism and schizophrenia had the lowest vitamin D levels in the adult sample, supporting the notion that vitamin D deficiency may not only be a predisposing developmental factor to these conditions but also relate to the adults' psychiatric state.
This is further supported by the considerable psychiatric improvement that coincided with vitamin D treatment in some of the patients whose deficiency was treated.

Reference:
Humble MB, Gustafsson S, Bejerot S. 2010, ‘Low serum levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25-OHD) among psychiatric out-patients in Sweden: Relations with season, age, ethnic origin and psychiatric diagnosis’, J Steroid Biochem Mol Bol, vol. 121, no. 1-2, pp. 467-70.

Also is it simply less fat you are interested in? Or are you interested in building muscle/strength? That determines what you will be doing.

One on one coaching to begin if needed. You can learn everything you want off of the net so no coaching needed if you start in the right place. The best idea for you would be a home gym set up so you don't have to go to the gym. Or you could go at quiet times or seek out private PT sessions at a studio.

Hello mate, welcome to ausbb, well to get started you should decide what you want to achieve. If its to reduce body fat or increase muscle mass, or both if you are determined enough and patient enough. From the sounds of it a home gym set up will do you good, shit mate I hate gyms and I don't even have a social disorder LOL. Depending on how tight money is a decent squat rack or stands, a barbell, a bench and a couple hundred kg of weight plates will get you well on your way (some would argue that's all you need). Have a look through some of the beginner threads on here to get a program up and running, that's what I did to start with. On the nutrition front, increase your protein and clean up your eating so not to include to many processed foods, this will make you have to cook allot more and pre - prepare meals for work/outings/etc. I can't tell you how much to eat, so that you will have to workout for yourself, everyone is different and it will depend on your goals as well. Once you have the gear you need, work your arse off, be patient for results and most important stick with it and keep us updated.
Don't be shy to ask all sorts of questions, the guys are only to happy to help and I wish you the best on your new initiative mate.
Good luck.

Hey mate i live on the northside of brisbane in between strathpine and caboolture where abouts on the sunshine coast are you. I am also 18 and i am currently doing my personal training course so i have a pretty good understanding of exercises and nutrition. More importantly though i have been there i was 96kg and 6ft tall a couple of years ago. Im now 61kg. I also have Aspergers syndrome and i use to have severe anxiety and depression. I would love to meet you and help you out if your keen? you can send us through a private message if you like. Stay Poisitive mate

Welcome Kyle...

First off a book to read for you..
Gut and Psychology Syndrome | GAPS Diet ? Gut and Psychology Syndrome | GAPS Diet

Then to the drs to get your vitamin d3 checked

Also is it simply less fat you are interested in? Or are you interested in building muscle/strength? That determines what you will be doing.

I'm very interested in this book, i think i'm going to purchase it, also i never knew that about autism and vitamin D, but instead of going to the doctor and getting my levels checked i think i'd rather just buy a vitamin D supplement. My main goal is just too lose weight and body fat, and if i achieve that then i will try to gain muscle.

Hey mate i live on the northside of brisbane in between strathpine and caboolture where abouts on the sunshine coast are you. I am also 18 and i am currently doing my personal training course so i have a pretty good understanding of exercises and nutrition. More importantly though i have been there i was 96kg and 6ft tall a couple of years ago. Im now 61kg. I also have Aspergers syndrome and i use to have severe anxiety and depression. I would love to meet you and help you out if your keen? you can send us through a private message if you like. Stay Poisitive mate

I live on kawana island although for some reason the suburb is called Parrearra, i would love any help you could give me, so yeah pretty keen.

i have to have 10 posts before i can send a pm :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AusBB!

First off, disregard the thoughts of supplements (like fat burner etc) being magic or even useful tools. Nutrition>Training>Supplements.

Do as much research as you can on nutrition and exercise, there is some really good threads about both subjects. More than enough information to get you started.

Feel free to ask questions :)

...there ARE some really good threads about both subjects...

Shameless promotion of his own threads. This is disgraceful behaviour to go with the disgraceful misuse of the word 'is'.

Seriously though go read his threads and blog. Follow the links and read the other blogs he has linked to, especially the basic information page at emma-leigh.com.

Shameless promotion of his own threads. This is disgraceful behaviour to go with the disgraceful misuse of the word 'is'.

Seriously though go read his threads and blog. Follow the links and read the other blogs he has linked to, especially the basic information page at emma-leigh.com.
Thank you dave for pointing out my poor engrish.

Haha it would have been a better plug if I'd linked the good threads :p

hey mate good to see your taking your first steps to getting healthy, the guys on this site really know what they are talking about, if you do want to join a gym the one I go to is out the back of kawana in premier circuit, there are no girls classes, just pretty well setup for for guys, heaps of weights and a heap of strongman stuff, 3 mirrors in the whole place, I train there in the mornings and there is usually only 3 of us in there(and its fairly big 300plus square metres), the guy running it is very switched on, has a lot of experience, if your interested I can give you his number, the place is open 24hrs, might be good if you want to start working out without the crowds of the commercial gyms

hey mate good to see your taking your first steps to getting healthy, the guys on this site really know what they are talking about, if you do want to join a gym the one I go to is out the back of kawana in premier circuit, there are no girls classes, just pretty well setup for for guys, heaps of weights and a heap of strongman stuff, 3 mirrors in the whole place, I train there in the mornings and there is usually only 3 of us in there(and its fairly big 300plus square metres), the guy running it is very switched on, has a lot of experience, if your interested I can give you his number, the place is open 24hrs, might be good if you want to start working out without the crowds of the commercial gyms

definitely sounds better then an overly crowded gym whats the address? i think what i'd want to do is eventually build up to going to the gym but first i'd like to start doing stuff at home.