• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stiff 2G

SuperDooper Member
Qld has been playing NSW in Rugby League since around 1910. From 1910 to 1979 the rules of player selection were based on residency - where you lived at the time of playing (not your "Home" state). This allowed NSW to stack their team with Qlders who had moved to Sydney to play in the much more lucrative Sydney competition. NSW basically cheated.

Then in 1980 state of origin replaced residency and Qlders could now play for Qld. It was like UFC116 where Brock Lesnar took a frightful beating off Shane Carwin in round 1. Round 2 Lesnar came out of his corner, smiled at Carwin and said "right, now I'm gunna get my licks in!".

NSW didn't take kindly too Qld starting to win. Incidents like Les Boyd breaking Darryl Browman's jaw:

Terry Fearnley instructing NSW players to "just fight":

Mark Geyer being told he had immunity to do whatever he liked:

NSW saying the first Qlder to say "Qlder" would get hit

Tommy Raudonikis's tactic of starting a brawl when NSW were losing. Watch for Spud Carroll's cheap shot on Tony Hearn then Jamie Goddard ironing out Andrew Johns:

NSW didn't like losing.

In the 80s when Qld Played it was like William Wallace (Wally Lewis) riding out to face the evil English overloads (NSW):

(Forget that William Wallace was wearing blue face paint, the kunce was colour blind).

Last edited:

"It's not really a game of skill, it's just roll your sleeves up put the armour on and blood n guts!" Steve blocker Roach.

"You're never as close than when you're all near death, and when Wally's driving the Bus you become pretty good friends!" Martin Munster Bella.

"They might have more sunshine but we've got more brains" Roy Masters. [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]

You watched these [MENTION=20214]bannedgerry[/MENTION] ? This is history they should teach in School.

watched about 15 mins of it,will watch the rest at some stage if i remember lol,one thing that stood out was the use of the ball and speed of the hands from Queensland. Ole Lewis knew how to put a guy in a gap.

watched about 15 mins of it,will watch the rest at some stage if i remember lol,one thing that stood out was the use of the ball and speed of the hands from Queensland. Ole Lewis knew how to put a guy in a gap.

All good Gerry. Just remember, the thing about Wally Lewis was he was a Lock Forward with blistering speed, turned Five-eight. He'd front on smash Steve Roach, Wayne Pearce, Pat Jarvis, body lock throw Noel Cleal. He was a precision long and short kicker, precision passer and a General directing Play, plus he could fight lol. I can't think of an Australian Sportman I watched in any sport (League, Union, Aussie Rules, Cricket etc) who was so good at his art.

Just remember, when QLD play NSW it's similar to the Kiwis playing Australia (little brother Qld/Kiwis playing big brother NSW/Australia). Tell all your Mates, Qld are the good guys!