• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
I have been training for a while now and I am getting bored at the moment, I need something to break things up for me a bit.:cool:

So I am looking at some challenges to do. By challenges I mean things to achieve that would appear to be impressive tasks.

Was thinking stuff along the lines of the following:

- Body weight bench presses for reps ie bench pressing your body weight.....what would be a good number to aim for?

- Body weight Squats ie no weights....what would be a good number to aim for?

- Body weight squats (with body weight weights on bar)...what would be a good number to aim for?

- Full military style push ups....again what would be an impressive number?

Any other challenges/tasks people know of.

100 burpees in 10 mins is pretty impressive.

I did that one years ago, can't actually remember if I made 100 in ten minutes, I will add it to my list....I hate burpees, but that probably means I should be doing them.

I remember Neil Gardner used to do some crazy crazy workouts for his birthday treat each year, on which real sticks out was something like bodyweight deadlifts for sets of 10 reps for whatever his bday was, i think at the time he was turning 42, so 42 sets of 10 reps at his bodyweight of about 85kg at the time i think.

Bw on the bar for 50 reps is a decent mark to aim for in terms of squats. You could probably halve the reps for bench?

I was thinking about something to do with age as well... Could be easy when you're in your prime but gets a lot harder as you get older

Bw on the bar for 50 reps is a decent mark to aim for in terms of squats. You could probably halve the reps for bench?

Those numbers sound like something to aim for.

I was thinking about something to do with age as well... Could be easy when you're in your prime but gets a lot harder as you get older

Yep, it would mean it gets harder each year, makes no sense really, a 20 year old doing 20 sets and a 50 year old having to do 50 sets.

Will think about it though.

Could probably do 100 minus your age, would get easier as you get older. Depends what the challenge is though

Truck tyre would suffice for a sled Mick...got anywhere that needs grading up?

Fuck me, this sounds like fun

"10. Burpee Mile

The Facts:
Exactly as it sounds: complete one mile of burpees. Find a track, do a burpee followed by a broad jump. Repeat for four times around the track or 1600 meters.
The Brutality:
On average, athletes complete 600-800 burpees over the course of a mile. No walking allowed. That’s a hell of a lot of burpees, and while this will tax all of the muscles in your body, it will likely present the biggest challenge to your willpower.
The Challenge:
The average finish time is about 90 minutes with the number of burpees based on the length of your broad jump."

Think I'd die of boredom first.

I have been training for a while now and I am getting bored at the moment, I need something to break things up for me a bit.:cool:

So I am looking at some challenges to do. By challenges I mean things to achieve that would appear to be impressive tasks.

Was thinking stuff along the lines of the following:

- Body weight bench presses for reps ie bench pressing your body weight.....what would be a good number to aim for?

- Body weight Squats ie no weights....what would be a good number to aim for?

- Body weight squats (with body weight weights on bar)...what would be a good number to aim for?

- Full military style push ups....again what would be an impressive number?

Any other challenges/tasks people know of.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W8xrIrF9lJs

Join a martial arts club and get your first belt.
I've been doing Krav Maga for 18 months now, wish I'd done it earlier. Gone thru a few challenging gradings & come out the other end ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk