• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Mick are you seriously criticizing others for claiming false information as fact.

And again you are confused and miss the mark, the discussion is about beginners (or person) learning from a YouTube video, how will said beginner (person) know the information is correct??

He could be watching a video made by some bloke with no idea or trying to sell the latest supplement.

Are you suggesting that I have at any time claimed false information as fact on YouTube or anywhere else?? Please show me this video, I did not know I had any posted up.

Last edited:
You know more than Layne Norton ....... Fatboy???

Possibly, I don't know what he knows, just like you don't know what I know. Knowledge is a vast and almost unlimited field.

Weight or body composition has no relation to knowledge, I could weigh 200kg or 50kg, would rally have no affect what so ever about what I know. Generally knowledge and body composition are not related unless you can somehow show me how they relate.

I find from past experience food intake and amount of exercise as well as age may have an affect on body composition, but may be ask Layne:D

Possibly, I don't know what he knows, just like you don't know what I know. Knowledge is a vast and almost unlimited field.

Weight or body composition has no relation to knowledge, I could weigh 200kg or 50kg, would rally have no affect what so ever about what I know. Generally knowledge and body composition are not related unless you can somehow show me how they relate.

I find from past experience food intake and amount of exercise as well as age may have an affect on body composition, but may be ask Layne:D

What's your Powerlifting total Mickey? Oh wait, I just saw your sig - shit.

How many Bodybuilding Comps you Won Mickey?

How many top Bodybuilders and Powerlifters you trained Mickey?

What Exercise related field is your PhD in Mickey?

I'm guessing non of your answers to the above rival Layne Nortons!

What's your Powerlifting total Mickey? Oh wait, I just saw your sig - shit.

How many Bodybuilding Comps you Won Mickey?

How many top Bodybuilders and Powerlifters you trained Mickey?

What Exercise related field is your PhD in Mickey?

I'm guessing non of your answers to the above rival Layne Nortons!

So how does any of this relate to what I know??

So to be a knowledgeable person you must have won a Body Building competition or have a good power lifting total:p

Man you are one very strange and very confused dude, so I wonder how many Body builders Einstein trained or what his power lifting total was?? I wonder what power lifting total these guys have :

http://anonhq.com/10-most-intelligent-people-alive-today/

It's pretty basic and I would suggest most people with even an ounce of common sense would know that knowledge has nothing to do with how many body building trophies you have or what your power lifting totals are, knowledge is based on what you know, what you have learned, studied, your field of expertise etc etc again all completely unrelated, someone could be a great body builder or power lifter and not have much knowledge at all.

Or on the other hand someone could have plenty of knowledge yet never even touched a dumbbell or stepped into a gym.

Just because someone is on YouTube does not mean they are an expert on the subject they are talking about.

Technically Mick is right. Achievements don't guarantee knowledge but if you have an interest in a topic you should have at least some decent achievements in that field yourself or got other people to a decent level.

Are you going to be happy taking diet advise off a unhealthy fat person with no list of decent clients.

Do you take weightlifting advise of the guy that can't even get to a 50kg bench.

Do you take financial advise of the broke bumb sleeping in his own piss in the street.

It's just playing the odds.

I'll take deadlift advise from a guy on youtube deadlifting 350kg vs a guy who claims he knows his shit but after 30 years lifting hasn't hit 200kg.

You are allowed to watch someone on YouTube just cause you find someone entertaining guys. This isn't about who gives the best advice to beginners it's about who do you like to watch.

You are allowed to watch someone on YouTube just cause you find someone entertaining guys. This isn't about who gives the best advice to beginners it's about who do you like to watch.

You can watch who ever and what ever you like, it's your life, but that does not mean the person you are watching is not leading you down the garden pass with bad advice, especially when it comes to training and nutrition. A lot of people watch this stuff and base their life and training on it.

Any 15 year old kid with a smart phone can make and upload videos.

Any 15 year old kid with a smart phone can make and upload videos.

Mick I think everyone with half a brain knows this.

YouTube is 90% cat videos. Does anyone actually believe it's the definitive source for quality information.

Last edited:
Mick I think everyone with half a brain knows this.

YouTube is 90% cat videos. Does anyone actually believe it's the definitive source for quality information.

I would say a large part of the world's population does. We even have friends who watch the conspiracy theory videos and believe that it is valid information that the general media is trying to hide, and they base their major life decisions on this rubbish.

I would say a large part of the world's population does. We even have friends who watch the conspiracy theory videos and believe that it is valid information that the general media is trying to hide, and they base their major life decisions on this rubbish.

You are probably right. That's their problem then. I'm not going to lose sleep over some people making stupid decisions based off dodgy YouTube clips.

Hence my original statement in this thread that I don't watch any of it, especially training advice. I have a fair idea how to pick up a barbell and lift it, plus I have had professional coaching from power lifting instructors and judges, so I am pretty happy with my technique, it may not be perfect but it's close enough for me that in decades of training I still don't suffer any major injuries.

Hence my original statement in this thread that I don't watch any of it, especially training advice. I have a fair idea how to pick up a barbell and lift it, plus I have had professional coaching from power lifting instructors and judges, so I am pretty happy with my technique, it may not be perfect but it's close enough for me that in decades of training I still don't suffer any major injuries.

I'm with you. I don't watch any anymore but if I was starting out YouTube can be a good source of info if you can sort out the shit.

^^ I understand what both of you are saying, but a question for you, do you think the advise on YouTube is worse than the workouts we got from a weider magazine or one of our friends or made up ourselves back in then 80's and 90's. Didn't we all have to sort the wheat from the chaff and decide what worked and didn't ?