• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much cardio per week to drop BF

BrisVegasGhost

Elite Member
Hi all,

I am currently sitting around 12%. I would like to get this to 10% or lower buy the end of January.
My main problem area is just below the belly button. top 2 abbs are just visible in the mornings.

My diet has been clean and all sugars are now eliminated from my diet. This has helped over the last 3 weeks and have noticed more definition showing since slowly lowering calories.

I was looking at doing the cycle/rpm classes which are 45min each. I was looking at doing 3 of these a week and continue with my weights 3 times a week.
I have done a few of these classes before but not consistently.
Would this be ideal for what I want to achieve or would you have other suggestions?

Cheers

How much do you eat??

Personally could not think of anything worse than a cycle class.

Sprints, HIIT, Farmers Walk, Weights etc will all work.

PS it's by the end of January you are not Buying it.

should be seeing all your abs at 12% hows your water intake? some people store alot off water around the belly which can be reduced by drinking a good amount of water per day

should be seeing all your abs at 12% hows your water intake? some people store alot off water around the belly which can be reduced by drinking a good amount of water per day

Yeah as you probably know its been very hot in QLD lately and I have been working outdoors at Ipswich and drinking 4 to 5 litres a day so by the end of the day I have the water belly look! Been having a few hydralytes as well

How much do you eat??

Personally could not think of anything worse than a cycle class.

Sprints, HIIT, Farmers Walk, Weights etc will all work.

PS it's by the end of January you are not Buying it.

Breakfast 4.30am:
egg omelette with 5 egg whites and one whole egg
2 pieces toast.
If I don't have this I will have 100 gram oats, 250 skim milk, banana honey and scoop of protein powder blended together.

9am: will either be a :chicken and salad sandwich or
200gram of chicken with rice

1pm as above or 2 x tins of tuna and 2 peanut butter sandwiches.
1 orange

4pm Shake.
I have a handful of almonds on my hour long drive home.

8pm steak/fish or chicken with spinach and a baked potatoe
If I am feeling hungry before bed I will have either a shake or tablespoon of peanut butter.
Cheers

personally I limit cardio to sex, and walking into the gym.. adjust your diet, if you want to drop weight.

Breakfast 4.30am:
egg omelette with 5 egg whites and one whole egg
2 pieces toast.
If I don't have this I will have 100 gram oats, 250 skim milk, banana honey and scoop of protein powder blended together.

9am: will either be a :chicken and salad sandwich or
200gram of chicken with rice

1pm as above or 2 x tins of tuna and 2 peanut butter sandwiches.
1 orange

4pm Shake.
I have a handful of almonds on my hour long drive home.

8pm steak/fish or chicken with spinach and a baked potatoe
If I am feeling hungry before bed I will have either a shake or tablespoon of peanut butter.
Cheers

Does not sound like too much, a few calorie dense things there that can be dropped I guess for something less dense and more filling.

Like two peanut butter sandwiches heaps of cals not much filling your gut, same with almond. Why a table spoon of peanut butter late at night?? Does nothing to fill you up and adds a crap load of calories for nothing, 30 grams are almost 200 calories a slice of white bread is about 100 calories, so a single peanut butter sandwich is somewhere around 350-400 calories, two of those plus your extra table spoon is almost 1000 calories for stuff all filling satisfaction.

100 grams of almonds is nearly 600 calories, again for stuff all food that you actually get to eat to fill you up

Last edited:
Yeah I would think by adjusting your diet slightly you should be able to get those abs showing without doing the extra cardio, unless you want to do the cardio for fitness reasons, but as Big Mick said there is a bit of bread in there, you could even start by dropping the peanut butter sandwiches and adding in there a chicken salad instead and that would help drop Cal's, increase your protein and able you to have a bigger meal at that time of day.

Thanks guys,
Just since getting rid of the sugars I have noticed a big difference.
I was having a couple of red bulls and ice breaks during the week along with a few beers here and there. This has stopped and just after 3 weeks it's noticed.
So with a few adjustments as mentioned I should see better progress.

Cheers

Thanks guys,
Just since getting rid of the sugars I have noticed a big difference.
I was having a couple of red bulls and ice breaks during the week along with a few beers here and there. This has stopped and just after 3 weeks it's noticed.
So with a few adjustments as mentioned I should see better progress.

Cheers

Good work

Yep think stuff that fills you up with less calories. No point smashing high calorie foods that don't really fill you up when trying to get lean

Reduce water retention by drinking more water?

If your bodys not recieving enough water it will store it, if your getting plently of water daily your body wont store as much, I find im about 1-1.5kg lighter in the mornings when im drinking about 3 litres a day

Try IF for a bit...

The fasting really leans you out... Not cause you lose fat... More cause you dry out every morning...

I immediately experienced more vascularity in the mornings and definition... Was bloated every night after dinner marathons...

Try IF for a bit...

The fasting really leans you out... Not cause you lose fat... More cause you dry out every morning...

I immediately experienced more vascularity in the mornings and definition... Was bloated every night after dinner marathons...

Can you explain how that works or how one would run this or send a link so I can look at. I have heard of it but no nothing of it.

Cheers

Yep think stuff that fills you up with less calories. No point smashing high calorie foods that don't really fill you up when trying to get lean

True, True Big Mick.

For instance I worked out that if I was having 6 wild turkeys and cokes a week that was around 1300 calories. I wouldn't have them all in one sitting but I might have 2 on a tues night a couple on a sunday arvo etc...
Then a red bull or ice break here or there...
Pointless calories which is full of crap. I haven't had a drink for 2 weeks and I can see the difference already. Not that I was a real booze hound in the first place:p

The minimum amount required to achieve fat loss (if your diet doesn't already have you in a calorie deficit). Start with 1 per week and see how that works. Adjust every 2 weeks or so. Take pics, measurements and scale averages.

(this is from a fat loss POV not a general fitness one)

I found things like RPM 3 times a week and 3 days of weight training helped me heaps. I'd give that a go if i were you.

Bad thing about working outside in Qld is ya sweat heaps, and ya dont feel like working hard