• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Paleo Diet: for and against

Paleo diet shouldn't have anything to do with macronutrient breakdown, its all about selecting food that is unprocessed, seasonal and similar to what was available to humans before the advent of agriculture. Eg starchy tubers, which are high carbs, like taro, yams etc, are fair game in paleo.

True this was my understanding as well, however, as said many had a slightly different view of what paleo diet consisted of, and some even verged on the point of heading down zero carbs or getting only carbs from green vegtables which i questioned about getting into ketosis, although i know a paleo diet has ntohing to do with ketosis but the idea behind avoiding carbs all together and having a diet of high fat and protein but eating paleo is two complete different things i would have through.

I think we're on the same page. Paleo doesn't prescribe portion size, macronutrients or anything like that.

Crossfitters do Paleo + Zone diet
You can do Paleo + IF
You can do Paleo on low carb or high carb.

If you're selecting foods based on what was available to humans before the advent of agriculture, its paleo.

This leads to all sorts of controversies. Is Honey paleo? Are fruit/nut oils? Paleo advocates allow olive oil and nut oils, even though these were clearly not available to paleolithic humans - they would have relied on animals, fish and offal for fat intake.

How about everyone just eats a balanced diet with plenty of carbs, fats and proteins lol....really not hard to do...

Problem is that's not gimmicky enough for most people and won't sell many diet books.

Yea true mate...ahhhh well back to doing the upside down protein shake diet while smashin out Jay cutlers fst-7 training

Yea true mate...ahhhh well back to doing the upside down protein shake diet while smashin out Jay cutlers fst-7 training

Im gonna try a modified paleo diet with no carbs after 5:35pm and no fats before 11:26am. With exactly 35g of protein per meal over 8 meals from bio dynamically grown meat.

You tell me this now that I have spent the last hr restructuring my diet around this piece of advice................j/k

Why spend an hour thinking about it when you can go buy a flex mag and just get a diet straight from the pros....DUHHHH...what are u thinking mate....

lol