• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Super greens

slapnutz

I was on another forum and read that Macro greens will get taken by customs due to it being plant material. Macro greens were awesome by the way and i would love to try the miracle reds. Anyone get there macros jacked by customs?

So i went looking in australia for something like macros and of course nothing close to it. I went to Coles and bought the super greens by Synergy naturals which has Spiruina , Barley grass, wheat grass and Chlorella. Anyways i finished that tub a couple of days ago and bought the spirulina and read on here from Fadi that not all spirulina is the same. Anyone know the source of the spirulina from these guys? Thanks for any help.

Sorry for the necro post, been a few months since this was asked, but I would suggest looking into vital greens, seems to be a very similar product, and is Australian Made, and seems to be quite widely available.

I've been taking it for a month now, and loving it, I have 80% of my stomach removed, so can only eat very small amounts of food. Being an athlete with these restrictions means its incredibly important to get good nutritional balance. Since most of my food intake is focused on protein, and being full after about 150g of salmon, vegetable intake is often neglected. With Vital greens i can be confident that all my other nutritional needs are met and I just need to focus on protein.

Vital greens is known as Athletic Greens in the US, and is promoted by Tim Ferriss as a great nutritional supplement.

Your Mileage May Vary.

J

le.

I've been taking it for a month now, and loving it, I have 80% of my stomach removed, so can only eat very small amounts of food.
eek1bluegreen.gif

I buy macro greens fgorm iherb. have not had a problems so far..

As you already know liquid nutrition fore you is very important to pack as much nutrients into a small amount of space as possible..

Never had a problem with macro greens either. However I'm interested in trying this Australian made one now. Has anyone tried both? Is it the same quality?

More expensive I believe..

I should lookinto it though depending on who makes Ito might be able to get wholesale of people are interested.

i get the 600g tubs, its sold in about a dozen stores near my home, ranging from $88-$94, thats a 60 day supply, which is $1.46 per day, which I find to be quite affordable based on the benefeits it gives me.

Good taste is very subjective, I find the taste quite pleasant. It tastes pretty much like what you would expect it to reading whats in it. Taste is of little concern for me though when it comes to supplements.

Does it taste as good though?

Hard to say if it is "as good".

I found the first week on it to be quite bitter, and I seemed to warm to the taste. Someone told me that if you are zinc deficient, it will taste bitter and as your zinc levels are restored by taking vital greens, it actually tastes sweeter.

Take that as anecdotal, I have seen no testing to back that theory.

On its own it has a sweet but earthy taste, I tend to mix mine with a little orange and mango sugar free cordial, and of late I have been throwing my creatine in with it too.
Another guy I work with who takes it mixes it with his natural flavoured WPI, He says it doesnt taste too bad, but he wouldnt go as far as to say it tastes good.

A girl I am very fond of tells me she cant stand the taste and texture, but she has never been able to drink any sort of protein or meal replacement shake without gagging, so again, taste is subjective and your mileage may vary, you can buy single serve sachets, or small 120g (12 day supply) worth, take it for 12 days and see if you can live with the taste or not.

Personally, even if I wasnt fond of the drink, I would still probably drink it for the nutritional benefit.

Gone with a cheap bag of bulk nutrients wheat grass until I hear from you. Please share your supplier too.