• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

milk vs cream

blue

3000mL (3L) full cream milk = 7944 kilojoules = 1899 kilocalories

600mL thickened cream = 8760 kilojoules = 2094 kilocalories

there's more calories in 600mL of cream than in 3 liters of milk. is cream safe to have everyday?
if so we can safely conclude,

EPIC CREAM-WIN

thoughts?

Yes !!! cream wins...

if you want to die from a heart attack :eek:

219 grams of fat in the 600ml of cream, that's 1971 calories from fat.

per 100mL:
milk
protein 3.2g fat 3.4g carb 4.9g

cream
protein 1.6g fat 35g (23 saturated) carb 3.7

considering people drink 4L of milk = 136g of fat, isnt cream just an easier way to get that fat?

Even if people are drinking 4L of full cream milk, it still only has just over 1/2 the fat of 600ml cream.
4L of milk also has plenty of carbs and protein.

600ml of cream is basically all fat, only 12g of protein and 17.4g carbs.
Even just 1 glass of milk has the same carbs and protein content, but a tiny fraction of the fat.

Who wants to consume all that kind of fat from cream?
Why would you?

im just thinking of ways to increase total calorie consumption. drinking a lot of milk is an easy way to consume fat and given fat has over twice as many calories per gram than carb or protein, its an easy way to increase calorie consumption.

dont think i dont also have a good diet in place with plenty of protein and carbs and fibre. im just looking at ways to add calorific value without increasing the volume of food my stomache has to take too much.

but alas perhaps there are no shortcuts in the quest of bulking. excluding ones that end in heart attacks anyway..

How hard would it be to get 600ml of cream in you? I have lots of cream with apple pie.

maybe mix a tablespoon or two into a glass of milk to up the cals but if i was going to do that i'd rather have a tablespoon of olive oil (not in the milk of course)

ive started adding a bit of cream to my milk and protein powder shakes. makes them taste nice too ;)
now its down to about 100mL cream so whats that, 35g fat. not too bad? extra 315 calories isnt bad for something i hardly notice. though 23g of the 35 is saturated - is that a problem? im not too familiar with how saturated fat is bad in a health sense but ive heard it said lots of times.
i do however know what it means in a chemical sense :D