• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Aspirin

MightyTriby

Been mind mapping,

If heart attack victims and or heart attack potential people are taking a quarter of a tablet everyday, to help thin the blood, and keep it flowing, could this be benificial for body builders?

Think about it, when you work a muscle, you send blood rushing to the muscle, this then engorges the muscle, making it big. Within the blood is the extra growth hormones etc. so that the muscle grows and stays big.

If you thin the blood slightly, will this mean that the blood gets into the muscle fibres quicker? If this happens, while the blood is thinner, will it exit the muscle quicker? This will lead to no gains in muscle density and strength, what do you think?

I myself am a bit of a bleeder, if I cut myself shaving or with a knife etc. it takes a while for the blood to clot.

MightyTriby

one study that i came across suggested that asprin suppressed the normal increase in muscle protein synthesis caused by exercise, from what i remember the article was in regards to how asprin might help in the fight of cancer , i think i read it over on newscientist.com i'll try and dig up the article

so for muscle injuries/pain suppressment Paracetomol would be of a better option