• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A2 Milk

A

angelstyle

There is tthis new milk on the australian market called A2 Milk. anyone know if this is good for us bodybuilders? It has some form a casein in it. Anyone know the full deal and can enlighten me?
Thanks.:(

If you're into drinking milk, then the only milk that would be worth drinking (in terms of health) is the unhomogenised organic full cream milk that is sold in carton and not plastic containers.

Fadi.

If you're into drinking milk, then the only milk that would be worth drinking (in terms of health) is the unhomogenised organic full cream milk that is sold in carton and not plastic containers.

Fadi.

hi fadi...
so are you saying that we shouldnt be drinking milk (pauls/woolworth/coles .. etc) unless it is unhomogenised organic full cream milk???

how abt organic light milk?:confused:

and why (in terms of health) is the unhomogenised organic full cream milk is better then the others?

thx

recieved this via email so just passing it on
I'm not a member but have been alerted to a thread discussing A2 milk. I'm not connected with A2 but follow the topic very closely. If you like, you can feed this info in to the thread.
A2 milk is believed to have significant health benefits but:
(1) They are not the kind that body builders would probably be looking for, since A2 milk does not have (and is not claimed to have) greater nutritional or energy value than standard milk;
(2) The health benefits, although fairly well established, are not ABSOLUTELY PROVEN to the point where they can be openly advertised under consumer laws. But they are pretty widely accepted, and arise from the clearly established fact that in countries where milk is predominantly A2 there is a much lower incidence of diabetes, coronary heart disease and some psychiatric conditions (e.g. autism, schizophrenia) than countries such as Australia and NZ where the milk largely contains the A1 protein due to the breeding genetics of the cattle population. It's a bit like the old days when the tobacco industry said "we know most people who die of lung cancer are smokers, but that doesn't prove there's a connection". It'll take years to prove that A2 is safer, but the statistical evidence is awfully strong, and science is now beginning to understand how A1 milk can trigger these disease conditions in susceptible individuals.
And although the A2 people don't say people with a lactose alergy are more likely to be able to drink A2 milk, there are lots of people who've tried it and say that is the case.
Hope this may be helpful. More information can be seen on the site <www.a2corporation.com>

hi fadi...
so are you saying that we shouldnt be drinking milk (pauls/woolworth/coles .. etc) unless it is unhomogenised organic full cream milk???

how abt organic light milk?:confused:

and why (in terms of health) is the unhomogenised organic full cream milk is better then the others?

thx

Hello Lucku,

No mate that's not what I am saying, that's what some of the experts are saying and I very much like their reasoning and therefore agree with them.

Please meet Deb Gully; she’s a whole food nutrition coach. I can’t think of a better way to answer your question than this. She'll explain to you all about A1 and A2 milk and what happens when you process food the way the dairy industry is processing it. I'm not saying go to extreme here and hunt a cow down for its raw milk or anything of a kind. But what I am saying is choose the best that you possible can for your health by making an educated decision based on all the information that is available to you.

Notice that I began my sentence by with Angel in the following way:
If you're into drinking milk...
And I say the same to you, if milk plays a big part in your food plan, then why not go for the best that is available to you.

What I suggested to Angel was what I bring home to my family; I would not be doing it if I knew there was something better out there. That's all I want to say really and the decision all yours to make.

http://www.frot.co.nz/wapf/milk.htm

Fadi.

Last edited:
thx alot fadi!!! its nice to have you in the forum :D
actually i only started drink milk because i want to lift weights...
haven't been drinking milk for the past 14 yrs... LOL, but i still grew to 1.86m

i think i'll try to find organic goat milk instead then. :D

oh!!! the organic milk i got is pure organic milk.. its unhomogenised...
but it didnt state that its A2 thou...

Last edited:
Thanks for your positive comment lucku, much appreciated mate.

I'd stick with the unhomogenised because that's how milk was and is supposed to be. You need the fat for protection and assimilation of what's inside the milk.

For a similar reason, I think it's murder to throw an egg yolk whilst consuming the white: the egg becomes unnatural to say the least. If you're healthy, then have food as God has made it and not as man has manipulated it.

Fadi.

That's a very interesting article on milk you linked to. It's amazing what big business is prepared to put on the line i.e. peoples health, to make a buck.

I don't really drink milk anymore just because I've been eating so much natural yoghart and cottage cheese but will definately keep this in mind in future.

Mark, if you're into natural yogurt, then may I suggest you opt for the organic variety that has just recently been introduced to our supermarkets. Your endocrine system will forever be grateful for it for not bombarding it with all the growth hormones and other nasties they give the poor cows.

If you check my 2200 and 2800 diets, you'll find that I include yogurt as a snack that is blended with fruits like strawberries. I've been doing that lately and I tell you what champion, it beats the best fruit yogurt that is available on the market. Don't forget to add some stevia for sweetness though. Stevia is an amazing sweetener in its own right. I'll stop here or this might go on forever...

Fadi.