• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) The natural non-stimulating supplement for weightloss

D

DJENROD

[FONT=&quot]There are multitudes of stimulant based weight loss supplements on the market so i thought I'd share with you guys a bit of information on a natural non-stimulant based product called CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), which has been proven to reduce body fat particularly in the abdominal region.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, published in the December 2000 issue of the Journal of Nutrition found that CLA reduces fat and preserves muscle tissue. According to the research project manager, an average reduction of six pounds of body fat was found in the group that took CLA, compared to a placebo group. The study found that approximately 3.4 grams of CLA per day is the level needed to obtain the beneficial effects of CLA on body fat. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Added benefits of consuming CLA include lowering cholesterol and triglycerides levels and its anti-carcinogenic properties also observed in separate studies [/FONT][FONT=&quot]("Anti-carcinogens from fried ground beef: heat-altered derivatives of linoleic acid". Carcinogenesis 8 (12): 1881–7).[/FONT][FONT=&quot] CLA is a fatty acid found naturally in meat (especially Kangaroo) and dairy products, and unlike other trans fatty acid it is not harmful, but beneficial. Supplemental CLA is typically derived from safflower seeds and provides a natural alternative to weight loss. [/FONT]

Last edited:
I was using CLA whilst i was dieting....dont if it worked or not, but i got down to 4% bodyfat on the day.