• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Cycling] dumb things ppl say out riding

P

phasic

with the winter weather now with us

one of the dumbest things that gets said to me is " wet enough for you "

I get the usual ones about where is the motor, why do you need disk brakes, how much was the bike etc.

my fave would have to be when your riding along and some car full of dickheads drives past , and of course one of the has to hang his head out the window and yell some shit , the only thing is they don't realise that half the time you can;t hear what there are saying except for "AHHRRRRRr"

" you could buy a car for that price"
yep i could , but it would be a rust bucket and need a shitload of work done to it
i usally then go into the cost of running a car , insurance , maintence , rego, insurance , petrol ,parking etc

oh then there is work mates etc that question why i spend so much on a bike or why i'm always buying new stuff for the bike , what business is it of theirs what i spend my money on , i could ask why they spend so much money on smokes and grog only to piss it up against a wall

while i ride bmx , but i think i can contribute to this thread

our riding , flying along on the road , some mad mole steps out from 2 parked cars , i locked up stopped just in time , she then yells at me " ride on the f'n footpath"

oh then there is the tossers that say , i can get a bike like that from k-mart

i had my full face on, "why do you wear a motorbike helmet on a push bike?"

Hey mate , your wheels are turning , yelled from the backseat of a bogan mobie , i mean a commodore, a 2am , so i yelled back "no shit sherlock" they hit the skids , jumped out of the car and made an attempt to get me , i just shoved it into top gear and shot past giving them the one finger salute

my comment came from some fellow bike riders , but from those tosser bike groups , i was riding home at 7am after working nightshift i was totally buggered nearly falling asleep on the handle bars , when a whole swarm of the tossers in their lycra pants come flying past

one in the groups yells out" hey mate i'll race ya " i was to tired for a smart ass come back , they get stuck down at the traffic lights and i need to turn right at the intersection, so thought stuff it , i aint waiting for the lights , so i hopped up on the footpath and rode past them all , got a few greasy stares and a few comments , i just gave a wave turned down the street then back out onto bike path

when i saw them all lined up at the lights , i was tempted to ghostie the bike and knock them all flying

riding home from the skate/bmx park , some tosser out with his girlfriend and mates acting like a hero yells out " look its the bmx bandits " so we gave them the one finger salute and yelled back "ya F&&KHEAD, "

the funniest thing that got said to me was " woah men you bike is shit , look at hour much the suspension moves " i pissed myself laughing as i rode away

oh then there was the time when i was 14-15 , the bike helmet law had just came into law here in victoria (or atleast i think so ) anyway i was riding home from the shops , had a bag with milk and bread in it , and no helment when i see some bike cops ride past , then stop and ask me " where are you coming back from" i had the milk and bread on the handlebars and they ask where i'm coming back from , i guess that's the reason they were bike cops and not detectives lol