• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Cycling] How did you get into Mountainbiking?

O

oliver

so how did you lot get into the mountain biking scene. was i via Friends? Magazines? TV? Seen people riding around
I came from a BMX, but had friends who rode MTBs, so it was like a natural progression to move on

my boyfriend at the time got me into riding , he used to go out riding with his friends all the time leaving me home , for my birthday he got me a bike so i could go out with them also , i think he was more worried that i was cheating on while he was gone rather then to spend time with me
anyway we split up and i kept the bike and still ride , have since coverted a few girl friends to the mtb scene they all quite enjoy it

i saw a show on tv once , downhilling and cross country , thought it like pretty cool , so i saved up all my bucks borrowed some from the folks

like just every kid , i Rode BMX

Stopped riding when I discovered beer, but then got a $500 for my 21st birthday and decided to get a commuter bike, as I didn't want to have to rely on cars/mates/public transport to get around the city.

friends introduced to me the cross country found out that mtb'ing was a good weekend get away , have since spent probably 10x the amount on my first commuter bike on upgrades and other bike , have't looked back since , had don't touch the booze anymore either

jasmin talked me into it , i had ridden a bike since i was a kid , being more interested in boys etc , have known jasmin since forever , one day she leant me one her bikes and i was hooked ( once i learnt how not to fall off the bike)

mtb'ing pretty much saved my life

i had just moved from the city to the country with my parents , new house , new area , new school and no friends , we lived about 10minutes away from some bush land , i had a kmart special at the time , so one day i was out riding along the river looking for some strong trees to hang a rope from , found all these dirt track made by bmx and motor bikes i followed them for as long as i could , upgraded to more a more decent bike , met a few ppl on the tracks who took me under their wing and showed me around ,

so here i am today still riding , still feeding the addiction of mtb's , maybe it was destiny for it all to happen