• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you see yourself getting married?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Well do you?

If no.. why not?

If yes... when?

If yes... what are the determinants?

i can't see myself getting married , , really can't see point of the whole show , i am content with living in a defacto relationship

I never saw myself getting married but got me a good catch so had to keep him :p

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

No. I'm a bit cynical about ancient social engineering institutions that people conform too despite their natural reluctance.

Religion was invented to stabilise and control society and marriage and monogamy is a big part of that. Those constraints on freedom certainly allowed enormous progress and development that would not have occurred under a more organic system but it is still an invented paradigm and unnatural in my opinion.

Already done. I'm happy with it.

As for monogamy not being natural. Dealing with one woman is plenty, no urge for any others hanging around.

We've been married since 2006. As a youngster I loved playing the field and never thought I could marry and/or settle down. But I did & its great

It certainly provides stability, taught me to be more considerate rather that plough through life on my own terms, leaving a trail of mess behind me.
My wife taught me to be a better person (not that I would tell her that) before I met her I was quite shallow and insensitive with very low empathy.
That isn't just my observation, so not blowing my own trumpet as to how nice I have become, it's my parents who struggle to believe the change in me, they confirmed it.
But it was a scary day, standing in church I shaking from nerves, hoping she doesn't show up, my best man said he thought I was going to faint, turned out good for me though.
Not so much for him, his wife turned out to be a ball breaking kunce.

Last edited:
Lol [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; yeah, you never know who will marry the dragon :cool:

I got married last year... Tbh not much has changed. We were already together for around 6 years or so, so it wasn't a big deal.

Made it a holiday with family and got married in Phuket. Was awesome! :)

Now looking forward to kids etc.. and all that comes with it.

Lol @Grunta ; yeah, you never know who will marry the dragon :cool:

I got married last year... Tbh not much has changed. We were already together for around 6 years or so, so it wasn't a big deal.

Made it a holiday with family and got married in Phuket. Was awesome! :)

Now looking forward to kids etc.. and all that comes with it.

Good luck mate, I'm sure you'll love kids, it is a fuken awakening though, 90% of your time gone, lucky to squeeze in a decent shit without interruptions.
i gotta know, did you wear the white suit and no shoes at your wedding in Phuket?

Good luck mate, I'm sure you'll love kids, it is a fuken awakening though, 90% of your time gone, lucky to squeeze in a decent shit without interruptions.
i gotta know, did you wear the white suit and no shoes at your wedding in Phuket?

Haha... That would have been corney aye? :p

Nah mate, got a suit and had the wedding at the resort. Was awesome. didn't have to worry about a thing.

The ceremony was just back from the beach and then we walked down to the beach for more pics... Lovely food and friendly people - highly recommend!