• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Cycling] Thorns, Thorns, thorns

B

brett

having just taken up mountain bike riding , well i used to only stick to paved bik/walk paths along the river , but getting a bit adventures took the beat tracks , but now i'm finding it a constant struggle with thorn flats. The thorns around here laugh at heavy tubes and tube liners.

Any advice would be appreciated to change to a bullet proof set-up

Thanks!!

Assuming you don't want to run tubeless w/ sealant, try picking up some tubes with removable cores and inject some sealant inside (Stan's, Slime, etc.).

Or - just slice a hole, inject sealant and patch it up.

The sealant should help seal some(most) of the thorn punctures you're getting.

Slime has worked ok for me in the past - mainly means I could get back home without having to do any repairs etc

Wether running slime or not I've found if you leave the thorn in there you have a better chance of getting home before the tyre goes flat - of course this could also make it a bit harder to remove later on.

But pretty much ride only on trails that are ridden reasonably well (motorbikes or mountain bikes). And just make sure you carry a spare tube & pump!