• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Working out?

R

risc

I want to get fit and tone my body. So I joined the gym about 1 month ago. I've been going around 3 times a week but only doing 1 set of each different exercise, cus thats what i was told by the PT. Im just wondering if I can/should be doing 2 sets or 3 or wat not cus after doing all 1 time i dont always feel much different from when i went in only a bit hotter.

Secondly I would love to get a six pack, and am welcoming any suggestions on how to help me get one. What should i do. As im totally bored with life atm I am trying new things, i am joing Ju-Jitsu soon, maybe Kick boxing as well but is there anything to do too help me get a six pack, a bit more muscle and get fit?

Im just curious as to what i can and should be doing. Any way if this doesnt make sense or you would like to help me more but dont understand what i mean ask a pretty straight forward question and ill answer it, cus atm this all seems like a whole blob of garbage not exactly feeling to flash and my brain is way to lathargic(sp?)

thanks in advance

risc

if u want a 6-pack you need to work all 3 muscles in ur abs - rectus abs (upper) transverse abs (lower), and ur obliques.
Aim for 3 sets of 40-50 to begin with; i know it sounds like heaps but if u want hot abs..... Make sure to do heaps of cardio as well, and 3 sets/weights for sure, one set aint doin much. Add lotsa protein into ur diet as well

my fave ab excersizes are
# Ab roller (done standing - aka: wheel of death, aka: evil wheel).
# Hanging leg raises (top quadrant only are best - i.e. raise toes to bar, lower to horizontal (not to dead hang), and then back to bar)
# V-ups
# Ice-cream makers
# Swiss ball crunches (weighted usually)

Remember, work out your lower back just as much as your abs if you want functional core strength. Thats the reason you get those skinny dudes with 6 packs, who cant do a single functional thing with them.