• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Venom

Sydking

Got 4kg mixed WPI, Choc, vanilla, Butterscotch and Rocky road

had 30g of the rocky-road in water, mixed great and tasted AMAZING.

Best ive had to date!

will update on the rest

RESULTS ARE IN

All are per 100g

Rocky Road - 91.8
Butter Scotch - 92.7
Vanilla - 88.5
Chocolate - 87.5

Last edited:
was going to say the same..
Get a sample of each tested..

there has been no tests listed here for Venom

BN will do it for free.
Just need to send like 2 grams of each flavour or something.

Please test and do a review on all flavours, looking for a new protein powder, as the BN flavours just do not stack up. Problem is NB flavours were awesome, mango, vanilla, choc honeycomb, like heaven, but unfortunaly did not contain any protein.

I will contact BN and organise to send a sample of each

You won't believe how easy this is after you do it the first time.
Simply email proteintestingkit@bulknutrients.com.au
You'll receive a form to fill out that the lab requires info for (or they won't know what to test) and with that form, is your sample of the protein.
Throw it in the mail addressed to NMI Laboratories and wait for an email of the results.

That's it. We'll cover the costs. You know the precise protein content.

We would highly recommend a test for this brand as there has only ever been one performed and that was way back at the start of this saga mid last year. Although topping the list compared to others who failed miserably (Protein-n-more and No Bull Supplements), they were ever so slightly out of spec.

An updated lab test is in order. Please email us and feel free to report your findings so that others have peace of mind to continue buying from them.

Thank you.

Please test and do a review on all flavours, looking for a new protein powder, as the BN flavours just do not stack up. Problem is NB flavours were awesome, mango, vanilla, choc honeycomb, like heaven, but unfortunaly did not contain any protein.

Will do mate,

I must admit, as good as this tasted the bag smelt like chemicals.

For health reasons id almost buy plain WPI and flavor it myself. Not always convenient but and i haven't done to much research into the stuff they use to flavor the powder.

Testing form is on its way il send them off as soon as i get it, Should have results back within a week.

Ok.

I bought 5kg of natural WPC and egg protein from BN does the job, but taste in water is like chalk, I also have some universal nutrition vanilla, tastes average. Will use up the BN and universal stuff and then order something else, or might try BN vanilla again. I honestly do not trust any of the bulk protein sellers.

Doing Carb Nite at the moment so need a low carb protein, but want to have something that tastes nice, would be happy with just a nice tasting vanilla WPC , even happy to pay extra for the privilege.

Will order a sample pack from venom I think, $20 gets you 40 gram of ten different flavours to try.

Natural powder is never going to have nice taste.
I bought 5kg of BN WPC vanilla and it tastes pretty good.

Occasionally has some small chunks after shaking but that might be me not shaking enough.

Natural powder is never going to have nice taste.
I bought 5kg of BN WPC vanilla and it tastes pretty good.

Occasionally has some small chunks after shaking but that might be me not shaking enough.

Tried the BN Vanilla, did not like the flavour, have tried most BN flavours, and most are pretty bad, to the point that I was dreading having the shake, at least with natural I can add my own flavour but really I now just have the powder in water and chug it down to get rid of it :rolleyes:

If I could find a nice tasting WPC protein that is actually protein I would be all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake, and any other flavours would be a bonus, I will no longer buy bulk packs without tasting stuff first.

Have wasted too much cash already, have just today cleaned out my supplement cupboard and threw about 3kg of ON protein in the bin this arvo chemical taste made me dry reach, it's vile. Still have Universal Nutrition Vanilla and Cookies and Cream, and both are bearable but far from something that tastes good.

I remember in the late 80's getting US branded Protein Powder that tasted like vanilla ice cream literally, I had to hold back not to have too much, and my mouth was watering just in anticipation of my shake…..can't remember all the brands (one was Weider), but just used to buy them from my local health food shop back in the day….along with desiccated liver tablets that were all the range back then..

NB had excellent flavours, the mango was amazing and the choc honeycomb was to die for, vanilla was great also, but as it turned out it was too good to be true and we were not actually consuming any protein

Last edited:
If I could find a nice tasting WPC protein that is actually protein I would be all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake, and any other flavours would be a bonus, I will no longer buy bulk packs without tasting stuff first.
these guys have 100g trial packs now (and are actually protein.. and always shave been)
https://professionalwhey.com.au/category/whey-protein/
the US WPI is good in light/skim milk

Tried the BN Vanilla, did not like the flavour, have tried most BN flavours, and most are pretty bad, to the point that I was dreading having the shake, at least with natural I can add my own flavour but really I now just have the powder in water and chug it down to get rid of it :rolleyes:

Have wasted too much cash already, have just today cleaned out my supplement cupboard and threw about 3kg of ON protein in the bin this arvo chemical taste made me dry reach, it's vile. Still have Universal Nutrition Vanilla and Cookies and Cream, and both are bearable but far from something that tastes good.

I remember in the late 80's getting US branded Protein Powder that tasted like vanilla ice cream literally, I had to hold back not to have too much, and my mouth was watering just in anticipation of my shake…..can't remember all the brands (one was Weider), but just used to buy them from my local health food shop back in the day….along with desiccated liver tablets that were all the range back then..

NB had excellent flavours, the mango was amazing and the choc honeycomb was to die for, vanilla was great also, but as it turned out it was too good to be true and we were not actually consuming any protein

Sounds like you've been having watered down protein for a while and can't stand actual protein :D Maybe you can claim taste bud damages from one of the dodgey companies... :rolleyes:

Mick, I feel you have to take the compromise here.
More flavouring and sweeteners for a lesser protein content?
Or maximum protein with minimum flavouring and sweetener?

We're trying to make powdered cheese taste like a milkshake with only 1-3% flavouring and no sugar - zero fat and zero carbs..and fat and carbs is where flavour comes from.

You'll need to decide which it will be.
From the sounds of it however, I think something with a lesser protein content and a touch more flavouring and sugars is something that suits your tastebuds a little better.

Or there's always Milo and milk.. :D

I really like BN Pina Colada and Bananna. Does it rival a milkshake from a cafe? No, it's not full of ice cream and sugar.... But it's good at the end of a workout. It's not a fucking desert it's a supplement to your diet made more palatable.

Mick, I feel you have to take the compromise here.
More flavouring and sweeteners for a lesser protein content?
Or maximum protein with minimum flavouring and sweetener?

We're trying to make powdered cheese taste like a milkshake with only 1-3% flavouring and no sugar - zero fat and zero carbs..and fat and carbs is where flavour comes from.

You'll need to decide which it will be.
From the sounds of it however, I think something with a lesser protein content and a touch more flavouring and sugars is something that suits your tastebuds a little better.

Or there's always Milo and milk.. :D

You are probably right, since I am on an almost zero carb eating plan (30gram per day) I do not want anything with sugar (carbs), but fat and flavour will be fine. I realise you guys do a great job, and have been buying from you for years now, still have about 2.5kg of natural WPC and 1kg of egg protein that I am using.

To me the flavours just don't do it, for me I would be happy to compromise taste for protein, who really cares if it is 90% or 85% protein?? Not me, I will just have some more to make up my protein needs ie may be have a 40 gram serving instead of a 30 gram serving. As long as I get what is advertised.

Last time I was on a 30 gram carb diet/cut, I was using NB protein powder twice a day, and was wondering why my cut was not working as intended, was super strict on my diet as well, then it came out that NB was 50% carbs and it sort of explained why it was not working:rolleyes: Have started a low carb plan again using BN protein, two shakes a day as well as food obviously and have lost nearly 4kg since xmas:)

I just no longer trust any of the other bulk sellers, once burned twice shy, the funny thing is I was suspicious when I first started using NB, a few times I thought this stuff tastes nothing like other proteins, the texture was different, it mixed differently, there was a few indicators, but I chose to ignore them till I got my test kits.:mad