• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Steroids and GPs

itsn8o

I read a lot to get bloods done, but if you go to a Doctor to do it aren't they going to see that you have massive test levels and report you to the police?

Do you need to find a GP who is sympathetic to gear?

I read a lot to get bloods done, but if you go to a Doctor to do it aren't they going to see that you have massive test levels and report you to the police?

what could the Police do anyway. They have to catch you with the stuff don't they. They couldn't raid you cuz your Doctor said you had high test levels - need warrants. Just say you take alot of legal test boosters?

Is having high test levels illegal?

Isn't it a "smoking gun" so to speak?

I'm guessing most GPs will give you the son I'm disappoint face and still make sure you're healthy, because that's their primary concern.

Isn't it a "smoking gun" so to speak?

I'm guessing most GPs will give you the son I'm disappoint face and still make sure you're healthy, because that's their primary concern.

Isn't confidentality a cornerstone of the Doctor/Patient relationship. Just a quote from an online article:

"The GP was told that she had a duty to protect the patient’s confidentiality. There was no legal obligation to bring information about the commission of a serious offence to the attention of the police."

http://www.racgp.org.au/afp/200510/200510bird.pdf

keep asking here, or just make an anonymous call to the AMA asking.

A doctor can not report you due to confidentiality UNLESS you are showing an intent to harm others, from what I remember. Secondly they are there for your health so yes they may give you a talking to but most likely they will make sure you are as healthy as possible if you choose to use steroids.

got nothing to worry about , druggies goto the docs all the time to get meds to take the edge off not getting a fix

friend recently went to the docs told them he was suffering depression and was a chronic pot smoker , they gave him some uppers

got nothing to worry about , druggies goto the docs all the time to get meds to take the edge off not getting a fix

friend recently went to the docs told them he was suffering depression and was a chronic pot smoker , they gave him some uppers

too right Graeme. Got neighbors who get Valium off the GPs when they can't afford "stuff" - its extraordinary!

Just with regard to another post you made about drug dealers living next door tend to keep their own customers quiet and well behaved, it seems to be very true from my experience. Its the coppers when raiding who make the most noise.:D

The interesting thing about GP's is that more often than not they are overweight deconditioned and know nothing about prescribing exercise.

prescribe exercise ? what and get no kick backs prescribing meds , you have gotta be joking

Nah bro, thats rubbish.

Should be fine

Australian doctor in trouble for steroid prescriptions.

An official investigation into anabolic steroid use on the Gold Coast has netted a long-standing GP, who inappropriately prescribed the drugs to 14 patients over more than nine years. Peter Grant, who faces sanctions, has practised as a GP in Queensland since 1985. In late 2009, Queensland Health cancelled his power to prescribe some classes of restricted drugs after the department investigated the GP's practice of writing scripts for medications "for body building rather than therapeutic purposes". Dr Grant's activities came to light when the department conducted a state-wide audit of the dispensing of pseudoephedrine. Advertisement At the same time, the department was conducting an ongoing investigation into anabolic steroid use in the Gold Coast area. Dr Grant agreed he had inappropriately prescribed medications to 14 patients at the Mermaid Beach Medical Centre, according to Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal deputy president Judge Fleur Kingham's recent ruling. The earliest allegation dated back to February 2000, when Dr Grant took on a new patient. "In all he treated him for more than nine years, until April 2009," according to Judge Kingham. "So (a patient) could improve his body physique [for body building purposes ] and his energy levels, Dr Grant prescribed a combination of drugs: Halotestin, Sustanon, Scitropin, Andriol Testocaps, Testosterone implants, Deca-Durabolin and Proviron [which are types of steroids]. "There was no therapeutic basis for prescribing these drugs to him. "In July 2007, he established the patient had low testosterone, which Dr Grant said was a well known side-effect of prolonged steroid use. He thereafter prescribed Sustanon on a weekly basis." By February 2009, Dr Grant was prescribing steroids for 11 of those 14 patients. "By then, it is reasonable to expect that Dr Grant would have been known by members of the body building community as a doctor who was willing to prescribe steroids for body building purposes," Judge Kingham wrote. In his affidavit sworn last month, Dr Grant believed he was not prescribing excessively. In response to a question from his counsel, he said he originally thought it was acceptable to prescribe what he did. Judge Kingham said Dr Grant was a reader of body building publications and preferred these as sources of guidance to "professional sources of information and guidance". "He had a number of clients who competed. He also treated a cage fighter," she said in her decision. "He told the tribunal he knew these drugs could be obtained via the internet. There was a risk that products bought this way might be impure, while those he prescribed were pure. "By prescribing to his patients, he was able to keep an eye on their physical health." Dr Grant believed his patients were seeking the drugs for personal use. "Certainly, if Dr Grant prescribed these drugs with actual knowledge that he was contributing to a trade in steroids, the tribunal would view his conduct more seriously," Judge Kingham stated. Dr Grant conceded a pharmacist had raised concerns that one of the GP's patients was excessively using the drugs. The doctor's explanation was that he was "too weak to say no" to the long-standing patient, which Judge Kingham believed demonstrated his "unprofessional attitude to his responsibilities as a medical practitioner". Dr Grant and the medical board jointly proposed sanctions including a reprimand and conditions that would prevent the GP from dealing with these drugs. QCAT expressed its concerns about the adequacy of the penalty and declared it was "not appropriate" after taking several factors into account including that the conduct occurred over a "very lengthy period". Judge Kingham made five orders. Dr Grant would be reprimanded and his registration would be suspended for 12 months. But the suspension would not take effect if Dr Grant fully complied with conditions imposed on his registration and was not the subject of further disciplinary action for two years. Dr Grant would be required to take a tertiary-level course on prescribing practices, and must not deal with the relevant drugs in any way or "seek the return of his endorsement to do so". He must allow and pay for the board to audit his patient records, nominate a mentor to meet with monthly and provide a copy of the tribunal's orders and reasons to his employer and mentor. Dr Grant would not apply to review the conditions within three years and would pay the board's costs associated with these proceedings.

Yea as people have said you have nothing to worry about it is illegal to inform anyone unless your a harm to yourself or others in fact you should hope they do because they suit could earn you major major money.

I personally know, All my doctors from Dentist to Neurologist know that I smoke MJ daily, Was an alcoholic who still drinks almost everyday, Take paxam daily, and until recently xanax more than once a day.

My GP also knows I have homicidal and suicidal tendencies at times only then was it implied they were going to call the "right people to help me" but I just flat out told him I would deny it and call him a liar. He left it because when its your word against there's they do not want there career dragged through the mud.

Even with all those facts when I started my journey to get clean I found a GP who was willing to prescribe xanax to help with my anger and withdrawles. The exact same drug I was still addicted to.

OP

mate nothing to worry about , some GPs will frown on it but just find one your comfortable with , getting bloods done is important and shows the GP that you are looking after youself , if they give you a hard time tell em to get fucked and find a proper GP

why lie to your gp? they can only give advise based on what you say,

Tell them if your smoking herb, steriods.

why not....

Just to follow up.

I spoke to a friend who is a 3rd year law student and as has already been said, all your GP can do is allege you're in possession of illegal steroids. High testosterone is insufficient evidence to try you for possession. He also told me that there is no legal reason he is aware of preventing your GP from reporting you for suspected possession, but, as has already been said, it's just an assertion.

Just to follow up.

I spoke to a friend who is a 3rd year law student and as has already been said, all your GP can do is allege you're in possession of illegal steroids. High testosterone is insufficient evidence to try you for possession. He also told me that there is no legal reason he is aware of preventing your GP from reporting you for suspected possession, but, as has already been said, it's just an assertion.

Nah man. Thats false. "Most medical consultations are protected by a statutory or common law requirement of confidentiality, in addition to the more recent statutory obligations in relation to privacy (see: HRA 2001 and PA 1988)".

Thats a quote from the link: PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY#

Run this by your friend and get him to find the relevant statutes for each State.

A statutory and common law requirement means your doctor CAN BE CHARGED BY THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES FOR BREACHING THIS CONFIDENTALITY AND YOU CAN SUE HIM AS WELL.

Run this link by your friend. Each State will have similar legislation if one has it.

Secondly, theres a hell of a lot of practical experience in this forum. Cheers.

Just to follow up.

sorry bud but your friend needs to pay a little more attention in the class room its well known that a doctor is bound by the Privacy Act to ensure the privacy of their patient is maintained unless they have shown to be a risk to some body, otherwise breach of the privacy act can lead to imprisonment of the offending doctor.

your friend should have learnt this in their second year.