• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Top Mens powerlifters by Glossbrenner score

spartacus

This list is also not meant to imply who are the best lifters; it is merely based on the Glossbrenner score and includes all lifts above 400. There will be one list for raw and another for raw plus (with wraps)

Raw

1. Wayne Howlett, 900kg, 27 years, 127kg, TAS, CAPO, Hobart, 31 March 2012, 489.033

2.Warrick Brant 922.5kg, 31 years, 149.8kg, 140kg+ division, QLD, CAPO, Albury, NSW; Aug. 28, 2011, 482.76

3. Jason Durbridge, 842.5, 107.55kg, 32 years, QLD, CAPO 14 August 2010, 477.02

4.Derek Boyer, 880kg, 133.95kg, 41years, QLD, CAPO, 14-15 August 2010, 472.12

5. George McLaren, 915kg, 175.5kg, 27 years, NSW, CAPO, Wollongong, 5 May 2012, 462.51

6. Stephen Pritchard, 860kg, 41 years, 133.48, VIC, PA, Melbourne, 1 April 2012, 461.75

7.Shaune Howlett, 820kg, 123.6, 28 years, TAS, CAPO, Hobart, 31 March 2012, 448.62

8.Gregg Gordon, 765kg, 21 years, 99kg, VIC, CAPO, Brisbane, 12 May 2012, 446.60

9.Dave Park, 840kg, 30 years, 140.2kg, TAS, CAPO, Hobart, 31 March 2012, 446.04

10. Adrian Tullo 865kg, 163.75kg 39 years, TAS, WPC (CAPO), Riga: Latvia, Nov 14-18, 2011, 443.95

Raw (plus wraps)

1.Nathan Jones, 850kg (wraps), 110.5kg, ACT, Pro Raw, 28 Jan. 2012, 477.53

2.Ricky Goodyear, 820kg (wraps), 37 years, 103kg, QLD, GPC, 24 June 2012, 471.172.

3. Dan Wright, 880kg (wraps), 42 years, 138.9kg, NSW, CAPO (GPA), Wollongong, 5 May 2012, 468.27

4.Derek Boyer, 880kg (wraps), 40 years, 141kg, 40 years, QLD, CAPO, Canberra, Aug. 2009, 466.68.

5. Alan Kliese, 865kg (wraps), 144kg, QLD, CAPO, Canberra, Aug. 2009, 456.56

6. Gregg Gordon, 770kg (wraps), 103kg, VIC, Pro Raw, 8 Oct. 2011, 442.44

7.David Parmiter, 665kg (wraps), 29 years, 81.6kg, QLD, CAPO, 24 June 2012, 431.75

8.Firas El Achkar, 740kg (wraps), 20 years, 99.2kg, SA, GPC, 24 June 2012, 431.64

9. Mathew Middleton, 720kg (wraps), 20 years, 90kg, VIC, Pro Raw, Melbourne, 29 Jan 2011, 428.29

10. Scott Wasson, 685kg (wraps), 24 years, 89.3kg, QLD, GPC, 24 June 2012, 420.96

Last edited:
These lists are retarded Chris.

Are you going add 10kg to PA totals as they have to deadlift with an Eleiko?

Are you going to subtract a further 10kg from CAPO/GPC members to allow for 24 hour weigh-in?

Then of course add another 10kg to PA lifters ad they have to walk their squats out.

Oh and we can't forget, you say drugs give a lifter 15%, so you better allow for that too.

There is a reason each fed has their own record books.

Last edited:
Retarded, i will remember that.

Actualy list is pretty fair, although i am open to constructive criticism. Anyone in the know about powerlifting knows that wraps give you at lest 20kg advantage.

As for the rest, it is merely based on a score that GPC uses.

I hope your not upset about your ranking. It should spur you on.

I do hope you wont delete this post.

These lists are retarded Chris.

Are you going add 10kg to PA totals as they have to deadlift with an Eleiko?

Are you going to subtract a further 10kg from CAPO/GPC members to allow for 24 hour weigh-in?

Then of course add another 10kg to PA lifters ad they have to walk their squats out.

Oh and we can't forget, you say drugs give a lifter 15%, so you better allow for that too.

There is a reason each fed has their own record books.

Honestly while I totally agree as long as each fed that it is lifted with is stated I think it's fine. I like these lists, they are interesting to look at.

No one is claiming they are definate or getting prizes out of it. Just interesting to look at. Plus is saves me trawling through each feds web site looking for the lifts.

Upset? Lol.

Just pointing out they the lists are useless.

Anyone in the "know" knows that. It's why you're posting them here now after being told that on the ProRaw forum...... You know, the one full of powerlifters.

Honestly while I totally agree as long as each fed that it is lifted with is stated I think it's fine. I like these lists, they are interesting to look at.

No one is claiming they are definate or getting prizes out of it. Just interesting to look at. Plus is saves me trawling through each feds web site looking for the lifts.

The lists arent the issue. It's the blanket "I will minus 20 for wraps" shit.
I know people who get more, and people who get less. Then there is all the other differences between Feds.

Of you do a list, post their actual results, and state what fed.

It's pretty simple.

There a quite a few to powerlifters that diasgree.

Dont read it, it is a free world.

i will put the female one up soon.

Cheers

The lists arent the issue. It's the blanket "I will minus 20 for wraps" shit.
I know people who get more, and people who get less. Then there is all the other differences between Feds.

Of you do a list, post their actual results, and state what fed.

It's pretty simple.

Ok I missed that. Actual results would be better rather than just picking a random number for carryover from wraps.

Still allowing for wraps Bazza.

If you look at powerlifting watch site in the US, they also make some distinction.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world

I just hope people can think for themsleves and understand my rationale rather than reverting to insults.

Fact is Sticky cannot squat the same weight he did last weekend raw, at least not yet.

Last edited:
Bazza, i will think about it and ask others what they think.

I did it with lifts in each diivisin, but harder here when you are tring to cmpare who are the best totals. The wraps distort the findings.

But i appreciate sensible criticsm rather than smart ass comments.

Chris you were told months ago to not deduct from the lift/total, but you did it anyway, then continue to argue it is fair.

I saw this list on ProRaw, and it's since been deleted.... Just like the rest.

I have no issues with the lists, no one does. Infact there are some on ProRaw, done properly. The issue is, and always has been, you picking numbers out of thin air to deduct for wraps, and then nothing for bars, walk outs, drugs......

There is no way you cant penalize somebody, the best you can do is state the fed.

If you're going to do it properly, take a look on ProRaw.

Name - lift - fed.

Powerlifters know the rules in each fed, so they know what's going on.

Last edited:
Sticky, Markos gave his reasons why he deleted it. He was diplomatic enough not to abuse me like you though.

I will make two lists, one for raw and one with raw with wraps.

Scores will be listed for over 400.

Ben, i have put in all scores over 400 to show afew lifters did it in seperate diviisins. It willbe easier for me to list one, so i will.

dave, is weight ans total calculated on weight division, although supers do allow for bodyweight.

I will check ast year's CAPO naitonals

youre right. i have to recalcuate as lifts go on bodyweight not actual division.

I thought that if you were 85kg you were a 90kg lifter. It is therefore possible to lose a division yet have highest score.

CAPO president just informed me.