• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2012 Asian Weightlifting Championships

PowerBuilder

2012_Asian_Weightlifting_Championships_logo.png

The 2012 Asian Weightlifting Championships was held at Yichung Culture & Sports Center in Pyeongtaek, South Korea between April 24 and April 30, 2012. It was the 43rd mens and 24th women's championship.

Here are some of the results...

69kg weight class totaling placing
1st Shi Zhiyong (China) 324 kg (body weight 68.84) (144/180)
2nd Liu Weihuang (China) 324 kg ((body weight 68.90) 144/180)
3rd Sajjad Behrouzi (Iran) 323 kg (body weight 68.73) (148/175)

Note that Shi Zhiyong won gold because he was lighter by a whole 600 grams!!

77kg weight class totaling placing
1st Ulugbek Alimov (Uzbekistan) 335 kg (body weight 75.89) (145/190)
2nd Nursultan Rakhatov (Kazakhstan) 335 kg (body weight 76.71) (153/182)
3rd Aman Meredov (Turkmenistan) 314 kg (body weight 75.54) (144/170)

Note that Ulugbek Alimov won gold because he was lighter by a whole 820 grams!!

85kg weight class totaling placing
1st Moradi Sourab (Iran) (body weight 84.82) 388 kg (172/216)
2ndRostami Kianoush (Iran) (body weight 84.82 ) 383 (172/211)
3rd Sa Jaehyouk (Korea) (body weight 80.01) 370 kg (167/203)

Last edited:
That's the second time (this year) I'm seeing low lifting numbers. The first time was few weeks ago at the 2012 European championships, and now as you have presented above, the Asian championships.

There are times when certain "whispers" re steroids testing of a new kind emerges and you suddenly see a drop like that. Either that or the competition was cold (which I doubt very much).

Fadi.

I am new to the weight lifting world. can you explain what category do the scores represent?

Ill take a stab and say:
clean and jerk
Power clean?

I was a bit surprised too with the low numbers being moved. Could a few of these be because of London ?

The results weren't any better when it came to the African championships. In the 69k class, the best total was 285 done by Shushu Otsile Greg who did 125/160.

I am new to the weight lifting world. can you explain what category do the scores represent?

Ill take a stab and say:
clean and jerk
Power clean?

Please read it as name, country represented, total lifted, body weight, highest snatch/clean jerk.

I was a bit surprised too with the low numbers being moved. Could a few of these be because of London ?

The results weren't any better when it came to the African championships. In the 69k class, the best total was 285 done by Shushu Otsile Greg who did 125/160.

Let's just hope it "shines" brightly in London an there's no holding back.

Fadi.