• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you get offended by the insults of children?

do you get offended?

• yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • NO

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

mocha

So my little cousin called me fat and i must say i did feel offended.
I know im obviously not obese but i feel like children tend to tell it like it is.. but it often confuses me because i thought i was normal.

Do you think its childish of me to get offended and also be upset my partner didn't say anything nice to me to make me feel better about it?

So my little cousin called me fat and i must say i did feel offended.
I know im obviously not obese but i feel like children tend to tell it like it is.. but it often confuses me because i thought i was normal.

Do you think its childish of me to get offended and also be upset my partner didn't say anything nice to me to make me feel better about it?

yes

lock thread

:D

Please don't be offended by what a child says to you. Children will often say whatever first comes to mind and usually without too much thought behind the words they choose.

What that means is that "telling it like they see it" from a child does not mean that you are getting an honest or accurate appraisal / the truth / anything resembling an objective reality.

Definitely do not get upset. The only person to lose in this scenario is you. You will end up needlessly worrying about something that has no basis in fact, or reason.

Further, if an adult says something like that, ignore it also. You should not be fussing over the comments of others about your appearance. You have a mirror, you have a brain. You know what you see. That's usually more critic than any of us need - ie. ourselves.

Be happy ... dust it off. :)

mocha...i've seen your pics....you're obviously nowhere near fat......kids are kids.......my mate's 9 yo daughter is the most blunt pain in the ass you could find anywhere.....she's insulted me 2-3 times so badly I'm too embarrassed to even repeat here what she said lol....but I just dismissed it instantly.

Dunno, maybe it's easier for me to understand coz i have kids, but honestly you should just pay no attention to what was said....fuggedaboudit

I wouldn't so much get offended, I'd be annoyed that they don't have enough respect to know how to talk to someone that's older then them, sorry if there is any parents on here and I don't mean to offend you. But there is very little discipline laid out to children these days.

Just tell them theres no santa

LOL

ok thanks guys. I just always felt that kids were the most honest, and harsh.. but yeah.. she said i was too fat to wear a bikini???
lol i was pretty fucking offended

I wouldn't so much get offended, I'd be annoyed that they don't have enough respect to know how to talk to someone that's older then them, sorry if there is any parents on here and I don't mean to offend you. But there is very little discipline laid out to children these days.

this.

Jaz you're a clever cookie ;)

My Sophie asks me weird things all the time about people, but she has been taught to respect people and to think about what she's saying and consider if it's hurtful before she says it. If she's unsure, she asks me.

But as the others have said, kids are kids mocha and they're usually blunt as hell.

lol, when my son was younger (2-3) we were in a waiting room and some woman had a mole on her, so my kid points at here and says "mole". classic :D

No offense mocha but going only by this thread and some other posts/threads, I reckon you'd be hard work and high maintenance
Just my humble opinion

LOL

ok thanks guys. I just always felt that kids were the most honest, and harsh.. but yeah.. she said i was too fat to wear a bikini???
lol i was pretty fucking offended

you must be kidding me. Oh seriously. You get offended by a child telling you that you are too fat to wear a bikini?
perhaps Darkman is right. maybe you're just a little hypersensitive. Kids pick up on bad vibes, Mocha. I mean no disrespect but maybe you need to smile a little more and relax.

Wow. I just can't believe this.

Am I the only one who thinks Bella would be best placed to answer the question in the thread title?

Know 'm sayin????

I don't get offended by the innocence of children's comments, but I do get offended when a parent allows their child to be offensive and abusive to me. An example of this about 2 months or so ago I went to Woolworths and some slag allowed her child to call me a dick head for looking in his direction.

I said to the lady, 'excuse me your child just swore at me for looking in his direction'.......her response was: 'well don't look at him buddy!'.......He was about 5yrs I guess, so I said...'Nice, very nice, that's gonna come back to haunt you lady, your creating a nightmare and you deserve it'......than I proceeded to grab the salsa from behind the little basteds head and shake my head whilst I walked away......Than the mum yelled out 'dick head' when I was at the end of the isle. I laughed at this point because she really stood out and everyone looked at them with disgust.

Am I the only one who thinks Bella would be best placed to answer the question in the thread title?

Know 'm sayin????

oi! You callin me fat DKD?? lol

But I know what you mean.....the insults of children...oh yes, you're referring to select members of this very forum aren't you? ;)

sssshhhh....................................they're everywhere :eek:

lol

Not sure if we're on the same page VB, but I was referring to some of the stuff she's had to endure on here.

What?
What has that or anything else have to do with this thread, we all endure some kind of shit every now and then.
serious.