• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No Bull Supplements - BCAA Electric Strawberry flavor

machine75

Thought I'd share my experience with NBS' new BCAA product.

Price: 5/5 A competitive price compared to the other 2:1:1 BCAA products out there.

Mixability: 4/5 BCAA's are notorious for their mixabilty. So my rating is based on my experience - the NBS product does need a fair bit of mixing to properly dissolve. But when it does, there aren't any floaties. It mixes into a cloudly white mixture.

Smell: 2/5 On opening the satchel, I was presented with somewhat of a chemical smell.

Taste: 1/5 Unfortunately, this is where the product falls down for me. I've come to expect a high standard from NBS in terms of taste. Their WPI is one of the better tasting local proteins on the market and I've been using them for a number of months now. Going by that standard, I was disappointed with the BCAA flavor. It's advertised as electric strawberry but it's a very chemically, cough syrup tasting concoction. Not hint of strawberry at all.

The NBS service and prices are great, so hopefully they can dial in the flavoring of the BCAA in the future.

BCAA's generally taste like crap mate, I don't even bother with the flavoured varieties as the BCAA taste is hard if not impossible to cover up, if it tasts bad you probably have real BCAA's:)

BCAA's generally taste like crap mate, I don't even bother with the flavoured varieties as the BCAA taste is hard if not impossible to cover up, if it tasts bad you probably have real BCAA's:)
:) That's good to know. My view of the taste was on my experience with the Bulk Nutrients and Bulk Powders BCAA product, both of which were more palatable.

Interesting I have the BN BCAA's and they taste like crap, but I still have them intra workout usually.

True dat. But for $70 a kilo i'll go without it.

Am I the only one that found it a bit too sweet? Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer that to raw BCAA's by a million miles but I always feel like its lollipop water or something.

Your buying it from the wrong place then.

Links where it can be found cheaper?

Most sites I've looked at are $60-70.. eBay is normally a bit cheaper but add on the cost for shipping and it ends up about the same.

Links where it can be found cheaper?

Most sites I've looked at are $60-70.. eBay is normally a bit cheaper but add on the cost for shipping and it ends up about the same.

$65 delivered on ebay. I only use 10g of it pre-workout when I train fasted. I don't use it any other training times. Lasts me a long time.

Have to agree with your review OP.

I heard rumors that it might taste similar to red bull, and you do get a whiff of it on the nose, but wow the taste is absolutely terrible.

Xtend tastes great and I tried to half half with NBS BCAA'S, but it just tastes like xtend and chemicals, the sweetness cant even overpower it.
Very disappointing as the NBS WPI tastes fantastic.