• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AussBB Forum Strength Comp

Bioflex2

Banned
Hey All,

It's definitely been a while since I've run something on AusBB and thought it was time to get my ass in gear and support the forum :)

I'm loving the odd lift leaderboard thread, got a bit inspired to run something similar and am willing to put up some prizes for some type of strength comp we can run on here. I'm thinking of offering 3 prizes consisting of 1 bottle of Alpha (our newest edition to the product range - Test booster), 750g bag BioBulker (it is going to be a strongman comp afterall) and 500g Creaflex to award to 3 categories. The categories maybe say, a single lift of your choice and this will compared to bodyweight (strongest wins), a most chin-ups comp and something else????

I wanted to guage some interest in this and get some ideas on categories we could run. All lifts would have to be filmed though.

Any interest in this?

I think deadlift or even bench would be the best powerlifts to choose. No issues with depth like a squat. Everybody knows how to bend down and pick something up. No straps, no hitching.
If you choose bench, you MUST touch your chest.

I love the chins idea. WG pullups? Must be dead hang, none of that crossfit kipping shit.

highest box jump?
Stack some stuff on top of each other, measure it (must show measurement in vid) and jump onto it.

Overhead press - from rack - any technique
Load a bar, and lock out as much weight as possible above your head?

Just my ideas :).

Love the ideas Sticky...highest box jump rocks too so we get a good spread of strength movements.

You'd be in the know about powerlifts too so like the idea of the bench press....

Ground to overhead anyhow.
Would be easy to judge as no real rules. The applicant can snatch it or clean and then press, jerk, splitjerk it.

Thanks guys.

Ground to overhead anyhow.
Would be easy to judge as no real rules. The applicant can snatch it or clean and then press, jerk, splitjerk it.

The only issue with this is the clean would be the limiting factor for most.
Those of us that can clean will have a clear advantage, those that cannot, will get owned lol.
I think press from rack would be better for the majority.
I can clean more than I can get overhead though, soooo Im easy haha

Ground to overhead, no rules....

I saw a clip of a guy lift a heavy weight by lifting one end of the barbell, get under the bar, put it on his back, do a full squat, then put it down the same way.

That would take the clean out of it.

I like the idea of deadlift here - as form/depth etc or anything else is less important.
Also, I have always believed that it has the best carry over in terms of general strength.
You give me a guy who is as strong as an ox but has never done a deadlift, at after a day practicing he will be pulling up 200kg.
Bodybuilders are often very surprised about what they can deadlift, they have never done it so just don't know!

Another option would be reps on chin ups. Everyone can chin and although somewhat weight based (suits smaller guys) this is very easy to judge.
This could be run two ways, total number of chins or even heaviest weighted chins for 1RM.

The only rule here is that the chin must come over the bar and peope start from a dead hang.

Great concept Bioflex, sounds awesome - looking forward to this :). Can't wait until it gets underway. I've got my eyes on max rep chin ups and highest box jump.

Wait that was a little optimistic lol.
Just did 50" box, just. That just under 1300 haha.

..............You jump onto a high box?

Pic in my log if you need further clarification lol

Yeah i know exactly what box jumps are of course.

It was a sarcastic stab at you writing them in milimetres.

Damn Sticky saw the pic mate. That's a massive jump! Definitely looking forward to this competition...

Ok, so in order to get this comp going (we'll look to launch this next week and run it for a couple of weeks) do we all agree that the 3 events will be;

1. Biggest Bench Press - Probably the easiest for everyone to participate in and ensure 'legal' lifts are done, chest to lock-out based purely on the biggest amount of weight lifted.
2. Most Wide Grip Chin-Ups in a set - from dead hang to chin above bar. Proper form.
3. Highest Box Jump

How does this sound? If all good I'll start a new thread and we'll get this going!

is this going to be an event in person, if so, where would it be held? (ie. state)

No. You film your attempt, upload it, and then post it in the results thread on here. I'd say everyone has access to a video camera of some sort (phone) etc.