• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym Direct sub $200 bar

PTC

As you guys know, I have a couple of Gym Directs $200 bars, rated at 600kg.

On the weekend at ProRaw, we used them during the warm ups, along with Ironedge bumpers

The place stopped when Gawain was squatting 270kg on a GD bar, full of bumpers.

The bar handled it easier than you guys will

Gawain, Nathan and Matt all did warm ups with GD bars, thats squats and deads, up to 270kg

I checked both bars today, both perfectly straight.

If these guys cant bend them, you guys are safe.

We have been using these bars continuously for a year now, in a strength facility, one for deadlifts and one for squats.

No dramas.

Cheers for the feedback Markos. Its good news for me as well as I just bought and received one in the last couple of weeks lol

Here is one being used in anger tonight

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdXkF-aUaNY]YouTube - ProRaw training, Gawain squats 240kg x 5[/ame]

Gawain is an elite lifter going to Worlds later this year.

He recently won the 110kg+ class at ProRawOne with a 300kg squat/200kg bench/280kg deadlift

He also sells the best protein on the market in my opinion.

He recently won the 110kg+ class at ProRawOne with a 300kg squat/200kg bench/280kg deadlift

i love the way he squats narrow and deep too.

This is the same bar he used to warm up with 270kg squats at ProRawOne.

Gym Direct dont claim to make the best bar in the world, but I doubt anyone can buy a new bar that doesnt bend with loads we wont approach cheaper than this.

For 99% of the home lifting population, this bar is good enough.

Remember, we use ours in a Strength Training facility. Around 100 lifters and 70 footballers, 6 days a week.

is that the muscle motion thrust nearing bar or the $175 1500lb rated brass bushing bar?

im getting another bar soon, i think you just sealed the deal markos, maybe they should stamp it "Gawain proof"

It's our permanent deadlift bar

We use the ZK for cleans normally but have had no issues with the footballers using it

They only clean up to 100kg though

What makes his protein different to say natural WPC?

Cheers

Markos, have you had any experience with gymdirects bumper plates?

I would like to add, I have one of these bars and it feels really good, I have used other bars where the knurling ripped the hell out of my hands but this one is good. I will say some of the finish on the collars started to peel off but that doesnt matter to me as it wont affect how the bar works.

Capo Nats 2010 - 332.5kg squat / 227.5kg bench / 340kg deadlift

900kg - World Class alright.

What makes his protein different to say natural WPC?

Cheers

Feedback, results, return sales, taste, price, the owner totals 900kg, mixability, 5kg tubs, nice label, beautiful aroma, personalized delivery, scoop included, empty bucket good for washing cars, Max loves it, Nina loves it, Jesse loves it, not one complaint, EVER, owner is NOT a labcoat, fuck I hate labcoats, scared off only competition at Dolphins, my daughter added owner on Facebook,

When I started at Frankston Dolphins, all the players took a protein supplement after footy training. One by one they started buying Gawains.

Three days a week training, 3 days a week lifting, they ALL added bodyweight on this stuff. I know Gawain and I trust that whats on the label is in the tub. I dont really trust supplement companies. How can I, they sell arginine lol

No arginine.

A supplement company selling arginine is like a trainer letting you do ANYTHING on a fitball, you shouldnt trust either.

these are my views only

Markos what weights do you need to be pulling for whip to become an issue with a power bar?