• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinions - Bumpers - Homegym

jbhayman

Hey there,

Im ging to set up my gym with the following...

Commercial Olympic Heavy Duty Multi Power Rack

and a home made oly platform such as:

</title> <meta content="" name="keywords"></meta> <meta content="" name="description"></meta> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content=""></meta> <style type="text/css"> </style> </head> <body bgcolor="#ffffff" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginheigh

My question is.. I will be dong Oly lifts in my home gym and I was wondering for this type of gym if I should consider getting good quality bumpers such as those by A.B.C. or if I should get a lower quality bumper, such as those from muscle motion? what are peoples experiences.. Remember for home use, not extensive commercial use...

Thanks

John

Markos at PTC is happy with them.

And his cop a beating. I've got 4 x 10s at home and they get dropped on concrete (I plan on building myself a platform eventually)

I have 540kg of the new Iron Edge bumpers

14 x 20kg
12 x 25kg

So far so good. Everyone that has seen and used them has been blown away.

Also very cheap, at $90kg for a 20kg plate, thats dirt.

I have 230 kg of the new premium iron edge bumpers. So far so good, appears to be excellent value for money.

So it looks like they are the way to go... Now I got to find someone to share the cost with so we can get 2-3 types of bumpers for the same cost... i.e. go halvies in the bumpers and get 10x10kg, 10x15kg and maybe 10x20kg ...

Split.... open to 2 or 3 sets depending upon interest... Delivery Melbourne...

6 x 20 and 4 x 20 = $850
6 x 10 and 4 x 10 = $650
4 x 15 and 6 x 15 = $750

Total $2250
Shipping Melbourne $177.57

Cost split
1. 510 + 390 + 300 = $1200 + $89 Postage(Me)
2. 340 + 260 + 450 = $1050 + $89 Postage (You)

John

Last edited:
Just go pick them up
If I hadnt just got some I'd be interested (I also get wholesale price so a bit of $$$ off)
Just make sure you mention PTC when you order. Think you get a 10-15% discount that way

So it looks like they are the way to go... Now I got to find someone to share the cost with so we can get 2-3 types of bumpers for the same cost... i.e. go halvies in the bumpers and get 10x10kg, 10x15kg and maybe 10x20kg ...

Split.... open to 2 or 3 sets depending upon interest... Delivery Melbourne...

6 x 20 and 4 x 25 = $850
6 x 10 and 4 x 10 = $650
4 x 15 and 6 x 15 = $750

Total $2250
Shipping Melbourne $177.57

Cost split
1. 510 + 390 + 300 = $1200 + $89 Postage(Me)
2. 340 + 260 + 450 = $1050 + $89 Postage (You)

John

Hey mate. I'm vaguely interested in picking up 4 20/25kg of the premium bumpers. If you want to split a 10 pack I can even pick them up and drop them off to you.

Just go pick them up
If I hadnt just got some I'd be interested (I also get wholesale price so a bit of $$$ off)
Just make sure you mention PTC when you order. Think you get a 10-15% discount that way

PTC?

Richmond.. now thats going to be dangerous for my wallet... luck I work out at monash clayton now and not the city

John

Markos aka PTC has a good friendship with Aus Kettlebell.
He posted on here that any time we order from there that we mention PTC so we get a discount (doesn't matter for me cos I have a wholesale account).

It'll knock $100 or so off your total order I'm guessing. Maybe more if you order 3 lots of plates. Dunno what your lifts are like but you could probably do without the 20s for the time being (just using 10s you can get 120kg on the bar)

Markos aka PTC has a good friendship with Aus Kettlebell.
He posted on here that any time we order from there that we mention PTC so we get a discount (doesn't matter for me cos I have a wholesale account).

It'll knock $100 or so off your total order I'm guessing. Maybe more if you order 3 lots of plates. Dunno what your lifts are like but you could probably do without the 20s for the time being (just using 10s you can get 120kg on the bar)

At the moment I am in rehabilitation for my legs and have got the all clear to lift...Before my accident I was squatting about 100Kg but now.. 30kg is my starting weigh, although I am very sure I could do a lot more.. seeing a Personal trainer to ensure correct technique before I lift heavier...... but I will also use the weights a a double for chest/military press etc.. although the main purpose will be that for which they are designed.. will save some other weights purchases.

John

Are you or anyone else in melbourne for that matter interested in this?

6 x 25s are too much for me at this stage ... need to have a 5 in there somewhere so I dont jump 20kg at a time... hence the 15s

John

Ideally I would like
6x10
6x15
4x20

Last edited:
You might want to order 25s instead of 20s. Their diameter is the same according to the site so you'll be able to fit more weight on the bar.

Oli is right, you only need one pair of 10's and one pair of 15's, everything else 20's and 25's