• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you use for Recovery/after session?

Trying to find something that provides best results.

looking for something that will help provide mass and tone while helping the next day soreness (the tightness isn't a problem though, I kind of like that feeling)

is a powder like musashi recovery (basically BCAA's) the go?

I'm trying arginine and lysine at the moment though so I don't want to over do it with the amino acids as I've read that having others while taking arginine can stop your body from absorbing and processing the arginine and as a result you don't get the beneficial results.

any suggestions?
what do you take?

i normally just take a warm shower and alternate between hot and cold , seems to do the job

Glutamine amd flaxseed goes into every protein shake that I have

I haven't read anything about flaxseed and workout recovery but I can tell you that flaxseed is a good source of essential fatty acids. In general getting a good amount of flaxseed or other Omega 3,6,9 fatty acids is a "good thing(tm)".

I use flaxseed oil as a primary source of fat. Just add it to my shakes.

For me after a workout I do the following:

Immediately after workout have a "shake" comprised of about 100g International Protein (brand) - Extreme carbs, 5g/1tsp Creatine, 5g/1tsp Glutamine and along with it 1000mg Vitamin C.

The extreme carbs is an "energy an glycogen recovery formula" that contains a few different types of carbs all with different glycemic indexes. This means that you get a good staged release of carbs to get glycogen back to your muscles rather than just one type.

Creatine and Glutamine are commonly used supplements and the Vitamin C is there because I've gotta get my daily allowance and don't get much from the bulking diet I am on. It is necessary for healing/tissue repair.

To be honest, the Extreme carbs doesn't taste very pleasant. Something like drinking weak icing sugar mixed with rice flour. It could do with some serious flavouring, but as I've just started this regime, I haven't figured a way around that yet. There's a few flavouring products on the market but I'm yet to try them.

It's only after I work out so I guess I can put up with it.

Extreme carbs is also pretty cheap.. something like 30 bucks a 1.8kg tub.

There is another product called Vitargo which is supposedly a much better form of carbohydrate. It is made entirely of Barley Starch, but it costs about 3 times the price. To be honest, I'm not sure that it would be worth it. If plenty of people have been developing good muscle without such products for years, I sincerely doubt it would be worth three times as much.

Another product you should check out is by EAS called Phosphagen HP -- it is creatine combined with another carb (if i recall) that is shown to be about 1.6 times as effective as regular creatine. The catch is that it's normally around 80 bucks a container and due to labelling problems the importer said that it probably won't be on shelves again until 2009!

I managed to find some on eBay that just past it's best before date. I figure the stuff should still be OK, but if you find me dead on the floor you know why LOL

cheers

good quality protein, creatine, taurine allways does the trick, dont forget the carbs i supplement and eat.

I would not worry about BCAA's instead get EAA's because it already has BCAA's + other essential amino's thus making it a better choice for recovery after a weights session. I no longer have a protein shake instead I have EAA's then a meal 20-30 mins later.
P.S - Pie do not buy Musashi amino's they are way overpriced. You can get 1kg EAA's for around $80, whereas Musashi will cost you about $300 per kg.

What about carbs to repelinish lost glycogen levels within the muscles??????

A protein shake with carbs will do the trick and they cheaper than taking EAA, there around 61.00 for about 2.3 kg.

Or Try this, this what i use as my post workout Meal sometimes, when i ahve time on my hands.

Ingredients:

• [*]16 oz. skim milk
    [*]2 cups no-fat cottage cheese
    [*]3 scoops PUMP - Personal Training (vanilla)
    [*]1/2 cup non-fat, reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt scoop of your favorite fruit (I like frozen strawberries & banana)
    [*]Splenda or Sweet-n-Low to taste (about 2 packets)
    [*]Handful of Ice
Directions:
Blend together and chill. Makes 3 two-cup servings.
Guzzle for an awesome post-workout shake. The high-glycemic-value carbs spike insulin to deliver protein to your muscles. Add dry oats for more complex carbs, and add more cottage cheese to boost the protein! Add more milk if the mix is too thick.

Nutritional Information for 1 Serving:
Calories = 414
Protein = 40 grams
Carbs = 46 grams
Fat = 2 gram

Hope this helps:)

Yeah I have carbs 20 mins after training. EEA's are cheaper because I only use 10gms after training so for $80/kg I get 100 serves. YEAH?

Oh yeah it's great to have 10grams of EAA that's if you want to as big as a mouse ??

Sure it will save you a bit of money, but there is saying and i think it's true you pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

Do really you think that 10grams is really going to a make a big diference in your physique??