• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

You, on reflection

nice thread, and some very inspirational stories.

- was 14, so still in school. would have weighed around 50-something kilos back then. was in the early 60's by year 12
- working at hj's for $5/hour
- took out my first term deposit (think early investing lol)

- weighing almost 100kgs now
- working in government for ok money
- saved up a decent amount of money
- have just scratched the surface of investing with managed funds (not ideal I know...)

by 2020
- well, a lot i want to have accomplished by then. i will be a millionaire at least, hopefully a multi-millionaire.
- 95kgs very lean (should hit this much sooner)
- wife

my life is kinda at the crossroads at the moment tho. i am currently studying to become an actuary, but while i think that line of work would greatly interest me, i wouldn't be fully qualified for another 3 years or so. and in that time, it is quite possible that i could be financially secure if i spent that time learning how to invest instead.

alternatively, i could become an investment banker much sooner (start of next year potentially), but from all accounts, this would provide a huge salary but at the cost of long hours, hence limiting my time to work on investing in property etc.

At 34 this year i ponder alot as well what the next 10 years will hold. I find in my quite moments i reflect on where my lifes headed and going.

2000-2010
in 2000 i had just left uni and was jobless due to the .dot com crash and didnt know what i wanted to do.
I ended up working in a factory skinning chicken for 12 bux an hour
Its funny i think working in that condition for 5months "opened" my eyes to the world.
My poor mum shed tears when she found out i had to work in a factory skinning shit like a pleb driving a old ford laser.
I promised to myself that by 2010 i would be making $100/hour in an office somewhere and owning properties/cars.

-
-
-
Fast forward to now and im stoked ive achieved what ive wanted in life.

2010-2020 onwards?
- Have 3 kids
- 10 houses
- Buy a 100k boat
- Retire at 45

How does one become you?

How does one become you?

Well i believe in "balance" in life and being "open minded"

balance - If u focus on too much on one thing in life other parts suffer. e.g if u work 13 hours a day. Your health and family life suffer.
If u work too little you don't have a quality life. Its not easy balancing it all but after awhile u get used to it.
Think smarter not harder!!

Being Open minded - If somebody told me that what i was doing was wrong and he had evidence to back it up. I would by all means be open to changing the way i think and act etc.
Dont ever think your right all the time. Your only human. Be open minded to what others say.
I can walk into a crowded room now and grab peoples attention as i have some knowledge on almost all aspects life. From finance to sports to current events. This allows u to put your foot into more doors as you are "diverse".

basically work on yourself first and the rest will follow.

I didn't read/watch any books/vids these are all life lessons i picked up along the way.

2000-2010
i would of just been starting school, the thought of school back then was pretty good; all sorts of fun activities, spending time with new people, making friends etc.
but as school went on and the work ever so slowly got serious, the thought of school being fun died in the ass.
then high school came along and as the first few years progressed, the thought of waking up to go to school made me feel sick, but the fact that my friends would be there made it a lot easier.
then during the Christmas holidays(2010), i started working for a carpenter (i love manual labor... hate school) who must of liked what i was doing because i now have an apprenticeship set up for when i leave school(ULTIMATE SETUP). Then my brother got my addicted to strength training.
2011 onwards
after completing the last year of school i would go on to complete apprenticeship and begin to work for some major building company earning the big bucks $$$. at some point start a family, to eventually own multiple investment properties and live in some huge decked out house by the beach somewhere.

Nice find mate - what do you do for a crust?

Sorry, missed this mate.

I'm a trainer for a Registered Training Organisation. I train people and issue licences (some WorkSafe ones, some nationally accredited ones).

I do - Forklifts, Boom Lifts, Scissor Lifts, Vertical Lifts, Gantry Cranes, Under 4m Scaffolding, Working at Heights, Construction Induction Card (Whitecard), Electrical Spotting, Excavators, Bobcats, Backhoes, Safe Chainsaw Operation...

The company I work for also does Dogging, Non-Slewing Cranes, Vehicle Loading Cranes, L2 First Aid, Confined Space Entry, Vertical Rescue...

If anyones in Melbourne and needs tickets - PM me and we can look after you!

Cheers,

Aaron.

Here's a Snapshot of Devante.

2000 - 2010 > graduated Uni and into my first job.
Pay was shit and the ppl (management was even
worse.) Got married some time in 2002 to my
gal.

Same job for 4yrs and thought I was going to
explode and die an old man there. I was mid 20's
but mentally felt 12. Finally got the hell outta
there and my pay doubled. Met a gal who stole
my heart and nearly ended my marriage. I was young
and stupid

Lessons Learnt> don't get married until you are comfortable
with 'yourself' first!

I needed a break so I went on a holiday to the
Yukon to go dogsledding. WOW what an experience.

Lesson Learnt> Take time out of life to do the things
that is MOST important to YOU (yes ALONE!)

I recovered and got a new job that made my target.
3yrs there and one of my best friends had a Stroke!

He was only 34 at the time. I was devastated but he
pulled through 12months later.

Quit my job, sold the house and moved to London and
lived, worked & traveled there. MOST fabulous time!

Lesson Learnt> Do the things you want NOW. Tomorrow
may never come.

Now back bought a new house closer to Melb CBD
good job. Hitting the gym but not constant.

Next 10yrs> Quit Smoking for good, have a kid,
buy another house for investment and become the
world record holder in the Iditarod.

Thanks and appreciate all the members help here.

2000-

Would have only been in grade 6. Loving life and all the tuckshop sausage rolls mum had to offer.

2006-

last year of high school. wagging almost every second day and just being a real idiot. shit op with no real future in sight. out every weekend causing a ruckus, getting into trouble and just being a real dick head.

2008-2009

pulled my head in considerably. on the straight and narrow after having a few friends pass, a few other 'friends' end up doing in the big house. finally started getting on with my brother and family and life was starting to actually be seen for how beautiful it really is.
2010-

a life changing year due to many things.
truly learnt the meaning of not taking anything for granted eg friends, relationships, good health etc.

finally got serious about lifting, put on a solid 20kgs in 6 months and now have a decent building base. loving life and where i am currently in this journey.

2011-

eat hard, train hard, grow big.
career opportunities have arisen, investment opportunities arisen.
i cannot wait to see what i achieve this year.

Born - 1974

2003 - Got married, and had a two boys over the past few years.

2008 - Separated, as found out my wife i made each others life missarary. Moved out of my family house and rented and feel into a hole with depression for a good 12 months.

2009 - Started to feel like my old self again and meet the girl my my dreams.

2010 - Decided to sell my business after 12 years and change jobs. Started lifting some weights again back in early December.

2011 - Lost a bit of weight and put on some muscle. Start a new career, moving house. Looking forward to the next 12 months, and look forward to reviewing my progess in 2012.

Simon

10 years so much has happened, it's funny that it's only on reflection you actually realize what has been achieved.

discharged from Navy after 6.5 years service
met and married my wife
traveled Europe
introduced 2 little humans to the world
purchased 2 properties
trippled my income
started powerlifting

Last edited: