• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wrong to put someone down?

You guys can probably tell that I dont tolerate fools well.

I seldom give someone a second chance, and I react quickly on my instincts, even upon first meetings.

I should be more tolerable, but I dont have time to waste. I feel I am a good judge of character, it blows my wife away.

Thats why I was harsh on Out of control. It seems I was right.

Ceffo, your only mistake was waiting so long.

First time they mouth off, shut them down.

Nah as harsh as it sounds, OutOfControl brought it upon herself. If someone has done things to screw their life up and now want to change, they should first and foremost accept what they've done wrong. They can't expect to unscrew their life by doing the same things.

Hey man,

I can understand. I guess it's a choice you have
to make on your own.

1. Help this guy in anyway you can (but looks like
he's not willing to accept anyone's help)
2. Learn how to deal with it without 'battling' him??
3. Reduce your contact with him so that you don't
have to hear it.

To give you a little perspective I had a friend who
use to lie blatantly. Tried talking about it with him
but he didn't wise up. I choose option number 3 at
the end of the day for my Sanity.

At the end of the it's all about how YOU choose to
deal with it.

Devante.

I'm similar to you, Devante. I've come across many ppl who've just been a major disadvantage to my life, if not a complete pissoff or an abundance of negativity. I had a friend who'd dramatize everything much worse than Fox news. If he got pulled over by the cops for speeding, he'd say the cops pulled him over, searched him because they were looking for cocaine etc. all sorts of BS.

The best way I could overcome it was just by reducing contact with such people, rather than even trying to change them or venting at them.

I kind of have a problem like yours my friend always spins the truth everytime she meets new guys. She is currently with a guy now and she says stuff like my dad use to take me to the illegal drags when I was in primary school and that she had like 200,000 saved up, she use to race cars and talks about her exs skyline like if it was hers and so on.

My friend wants my bf to meet this new guy but my bf will not because he can't stand her bullshit and will say it straight to her face when his there this will cause a problem and the new guy will probably break up with her. So I just say to her he doesn't want to come out. I don't have the heart to say the real reason why he will not come out with her.

If I had to put up with someone like that in small doses, I'd probably ignore it just to keep the peace as annoying as it can be. If I had to hear it all the time and had no way around it other than giving them what you did Ceffo - I'd do it. There comes a point with these people where they have to take a hint. Only problem is it may make him worse now because he will think "That **** Ceffo with all his money, property, hot cars, wife, kids and big arms - who does he think he is? How dare he talk to me this way" etc etc. So on top of the anger, lack of confidence, drinking and arrogance, he now has jealousy to fuel his attitude problem too.

As much as possible I try not to upset the feelings of others, particularly if they're emotionally unstable or short tempered like the guy you mentioned. Its not as though he meant any real harm to others through what he was saying, but he wasn't doing himself any favors either. But sometimes these people with their heads in the clouds and talking to others like they live up to the fantasies they imagine need a kick up the backside to wake them back up and realize whats going on around them.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. Who knows? You might have done him a favor. Might just be enough to make him straighten himself out.

You guys can probably tell that I dont tolerate fools well.

I seldom give someone a second chance, and I react quickly on my instincts, even upon first meetings.

I should be more tolerable, but I dont have time to waste. I feel I am a good judge of character, it blows my wife away.

Thats why I was harsh on Out of control. It seems I was right.

Ceffo, your only mistake was waiting so long.

First time they mouth off, shut them down.

I don't agree totally here. Even though I echo with
most of what PTC says here; reluctantly I think
everyone deserves a second chance.. maybe even a
'third' (much harder done than said).

Sometimes, it's just that our 'life circumstances give us
negative programing.

If you are more 'advanced' in your thinking make sure to
try and teach a newbie a better way of thinking...

Devante.