• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Why Teenage Bodybuilding Can Be Risky ?

Realouat

Banned
Teenage muscle building can be advantageous in a few ways. Muscle building is a good way to stay in shape and live a nourishing life. Apart from a great body, bodybuilding workouts offer greater benefits.

1 - Many people think that working with heavy weights can hamper bones from growing generally. They think that lifting weights can hasten the closure of growth plates which will arrest the growth before it is supposed to. This sounds correct, but has not been proven. Many bodybuilders have started training very early in life and have not suffered from any limitations in growth a consequence of lifting weights. Therefore, though impediment of growth is the chief of the muscle building dangers one hears of, there is actually no certain proof.

2 - Mothers and fathers are normally very apprehensive about teenage muscle building as a result of the sort of effect the strenuous exercises involved in bodybuilding might have on teenagers' bodies. A teenager's body experiences many natural changes when it is growing, and moms and dads are rightfully concerned about bodybuilding dangers at this tender age as it might hamper the teenager's growth. There is no proof which shows that exercising is actually detrimental to the body's growth but many gym and muscle building instructors believe that now and again teens do suffer. This is as a result of the truth that true to teenage nature, they break rules and flout instructions thanks to teenage impulsiveness. Discipline regarding bodybuilding regimes is very important and the teenage aversion to discipline is the most significant of any muscle building dangers with regards to teenage muscle building.

3 - Although there is some truth in the idea that lifting heavy weights does hamper a teenager's growth, there's not much danger involved in it. This is attributable to the fact that such an impact may be harmful only prior to the teenager has achieved a particular amount of maturity, and most adolescents reach the full level of their growth around the age of fifteen. Teenagers below the age of fifteen will surely not be lifting heavy weights to buff their body and thus doing harm to their bones and their growth.
4 - The chief problem with adolescents is that they feel that they're neither children nor adults, and they try to hasten the operation of young adults as they feel out of place as they're. This might make them want to emulate the workout techniques of people who are older than they are. This may be disastrous as teenagers are not meant to do what adults do. Copying an adult's exercise regime can be harmful for a teen as he or she won't have the endurance or experience of the adult they're emulating.

Visit The website Magazine for more FREE information :
Go here: US Weight Loss and Nutrition Magazine
Article Source : http://www.nutrition-mag.com/2013/04/why-teenage-bodybuilding-can-be-risky.html

Last edited:
Source : Why Teenage Bodybuilding Can Be Risky ?

Teenage muscle building can be advantageous in a few ways. Muscle building is a good way to stay in shape and live a nourishing life. Apart from a great body, bodybuilding workouts offer greater benefits.

1 - Therefore, though impediment of growth is the chief of the muscle building dangers one hears of, there is actually no certain proof.

2 - There is no proof which shows that exercising is actually detrimental to the body's growth but many gym and muscle building instructors believe that now and again teens do suffer. This is as a result of the truth that true to teenage nature, they break rules and flout instructions thanks to teenage impulsiveness.

3 - Although there is some truth in the idea that lifting heavy weights does hamper a teenager's growth, there's not much danger involved in it.

I think this is a well written article. It basically concludes that teenage bodybuilding is not risky and I agree with it. What it doesn't mention is the two elephants in the room: steroids and peptides. It is my firm belief that no-one should take serious supplementation until they've got 5 - 10 years of serious natural bodybuilding and quality nutrition behind them. I started lifting weights while playing rugby at the age of 16. Entered and won my first bb title at 21. Won 4 more comps before taking steroids at 25. At 50, I now have had numerous periods of 2-3 years of no drugs since 25. I am now on TRT (probably for the rest of my life) and contemplating peptides. My liver function and other bloods have been checked regularly and always been good, but now I'm needing to watch my cholesterol (as is to be expected of a 50 year old). All in all, bodybuilding has been a wise lifestyle choice for me, although I have never been excessive with steroids and have had rested when necessary, avoiding injury and overtraining. I still love bodybuilding like fat chicks love chocolate!

Last edited: