• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

when and what should i eat

scottyg938

Hey Guys.
I've recently started getting back into eating healthy and getting back into shape. im in no way a big guy but i feel very unfit since i stopped playing afl a few years ago.

Basically my question is, what should i be eating for my meals/snacks and a what times? i work night shift from midnight to 8am 6 nights a week but i have access to and electric hot plate and a microwave at work so i can cook a proper meal at whatever time i like.

Another question is what time would be best to be sleeping? im usually home from work by 8 and just go straight to bed till about 4, but im finding it hard to have proper meals in the time im awake.

Thanks in advance :)

eat when your hungry mate, As for food ideas. Read in the nutrition and recipe section. I bet you will find what your looking for.

Welcome to the forum :)

Check out the link Gunner provided as that will help get you started.

Meal timing/frequency is irrelevant in both performance and body composition, consuming your daily nutritional requirements is far more important. So as SydKing said, eat when you are hungry and at times that suit your schedule, do not worry about what is 'normal' for meal times etc.