• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training Ideas/recommendations

So now uni has started I'm only working 2 days a week.

However my boss is going to put me on 3 days to help with the amount we have coming in.

I can only work out on the days I have work (gym @ work and no time other days)

I will be there Monday, Thursday, Friday.

What do people recommend?

A bunch of compound exercises monday and then a split for thur/fri?

I'm a bit lost with how to approach this.

Depends what you're training for. With that schedule, i would do upper body on Mondays and Fridays, and lower body on Thursday.

Why would you choose that cruxis?

I would appreciate people supporting their answers.

I will be training for increase in muscle mass and decrease in bf% as everyone generally is.

I believe it will be achievable to a noticeable degree as I've had so much time off exercise over the last 12 months. (should get the noob gains again)

Good diet plus indoor for my cardio and right mix of suppliments are included.

I've got pretty good genetics too. Only been back at training for two weeks and have seen good results already. Will continue with good results for another 4-6 weeks at least I reckon.

Depends what you're training for. With that schedule, i would do upper body on Mondays and Fridays, and lower body on Thursday.
Thats sounds like a plan.

Something like this maybe -
Monday - Back training with deadlifts and calves (bi's optional)
Thursday - Chest / Shoulders (tri's optional)
Friday - Quads and hammies.

To add to my question cruxis - howcome only train lower body once a week?

I asked if a compound session on monday and then split for thurs/fri would be best as that way each area will get worked twice a week - but please correct me if I'm wrong!

Monday
Squat
Bench
Deadlift

Thursday
Squat
Standing Military Press
Deadlift

Tuesday/Friday
light cardio <-- something you dont need to be in the gym for
run, jog, walk, ride a bike, hit a punching bag, swim, surf, play tennis etc etc etc

A friend at work recommended the following:

Monday – Whole body
Squats
Deadlifts
Bentover rows
Lat pulldowns
Shoulder press
Chest press
Curls
Tri ext.

Thursday – Upper Body
Deadlift
Upright Row – shoulder
Curl – bicep
Close grip press
Tri Ext.
Lat Pull Down
Assisted Chin Ups.
Friday – Lower Body
Hanging leg-hip raises
Squat
Leg press
Standing calf raises
Reverse calf raises
Lunges
I don't know about it though. Might give it a go this week or next. The past few weeks I've been playing it by ear and have managed to fit a wednesday session in so I have continued with 3 whole body sessions. But this week that won't be able to happen unfortunately.