• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Chocoholics Thread

Already tried some :) It is great indeed! I do love their truffles, best served at room temperature, even up here in north Qld's tropics they are good. Chilling them destroys the flavour :(

Huh? It's true...
To get the proper taste of chocolate, you should allow it to melt on the roof of your mouth. People that put it in the fridge are only interested in chewing on it

Never store chocolate in the fridge or freezer if you can avoid it.
If you do, keep tightly wrapped and in an airtight container to minimise exposure to moisture and condensation.

Chocolate keeps best at 15-17C and around 55-60% relative humidity.
Plain chocolate bars keep for ages in a dry pantry.
Made up chocolates keep best at the above conditions. A wine fridge is ideal in fact :)

Shelf life of handmade fresh chocolates/pralines/truffles varies quite a lot but are best consumed within a week of purchase.

I don't know if D'Anvers make their chocolates by hand anymore or use machinery and do it in bulk. Some chocolatiers now make bulk batches and freeze them and thaw them out in small batches to put up for sale.
I think this really messes with the final product and you can really tell. Cacao in Melb does that. It's become a bit of a factory :(

Ganache Chocolate still make their chocs by hand and put them out fresh for sale. Arno Backes is da bomb .. love that man :D

If you ever come to Melb, Tad Lombardo at Prahran Market is also magnificent. Like me, he makes limited ranges every week but his creations are sublime. A very talented guy.

It's a totally different thing if you keep Kit Kats and other candy bars in the fridge. There is barely any chocolate in there anyway so doesn't really affect them at all.

If you ever come to Melb, Tad Lombardo at Prahran Market is also magnificent. Like me, he makes limited ranges every week but his creations are sublime. A very talented guy.

Will have to give it a try next time I'm over there. Used to go to Koko Black every visit but since they opened up in Perth, it lost some of its appeal

Will have to give it a try next time I'm over there. Used to go to Koko Black every visit but since they opened up in Perth, it lost some of its appeal

Arno Backes of Ganache started Koko Black but sold it some years ago when he split from his biz partner. It has become more "factory like" since and the chocolates are not as good anymore.

Sometimes growing the business too big can have a real downside on quality. But then, it all depends what the owners want to achieve.
I will always want to keep mine small so I can control the quality and keep my chocolates a bit unique and special (I hope).