• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Steroids use masked TB in bodybuilder

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Interesting read how deca masked TB in this bodybuilder, until he stopped. I wonder what else steroids mask.

A 40-year-old fitness fanatic walked around for years with a potentially lethal TB infection without knowing it. The reason that the infection was not discovered was his continuous use of the steroid nandrolone decanoate. It wasn't until the man developed extreme stomach pains and sought medical help that doctors stepped in.

The fitness fanatic that doctors in Srinagar Garhwal, India have written about in the Journal of Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics had probably been ill for three months. He had stopped training, had lost his appetite and was tired and lacking in energy.

These can be early symptoms of infection caused by the TB bacterium Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The infection hadn't been detected, as the man had not visited a doctor. Instead he followed the advice of a fellow gym-goer. No prizes for guessing what that was... "Take some steroids", his mate advised.

And that's what the man did. He started with one 100 mg injection of nandrolone decanoate per week. And hey presto: after three months he felt better. He started doing workouts again, and a month later he stopped the injections. Things went wrong immediately. The symptoms returned and the man started to feel depressed too, and was dismayed to see his muscles disappearing like snow melting in the sun.

So he started taking steroids again: first 3 injections a month, later 6 or 7 injections a month. And he was pleased with the results: the steroids were improving his physique. After a year of being on steroids the man noticed that he ran a fever in the evenings. He went to a doctor, who suspected TB. A skin test showed up nothing, however, and the man didn't mention his steroids use.

This was the second time that the steroids had prevented doctors from detecting the presence of TB bacteria. The doctor used the tuberculin skin test: you introduce tuberculin protein from the TB bacteria under the skin. If the immune cells in your body have been in contact with the TB bacteria then your skin will react within a couple of weeks. The immune reaction is prompted by inflammatory proteins like interferon-gamma. But a steroid like nandrolone decanoate suppresses the immune system, and as a result the tuberculin skin test doesn't work. Nandrolone decanoate inhibits the production of interferon-gamma.

The doctor prescribed fever-reducing medicine together with multivitamins.

Five months later the man's condition had deteriorated: he had extreme stomach pain and was vomiting, so he went to the emergency department at a hospital. On examination a doctor felt something in the man's lower abdomen. The man's appendix was infected, as was a lymph gland in his abdomen, and together they were constricting his intestines.

Surgeons operated and sent the tissues they'd removed for examination in a laboratory. There the researchers discovered the cause of his problems: TB infection.

The man was put on antibiotics for six months, which killed the TB bacteria and cured him. He also went into therapy to try and work out how he had become psychologically dependent on steroids. "He disclosed that since his wife was tall and obese, he found himself more physically and sexually compatible with her while on AAS."

TB is on the rise in many countries. The bacteria have become resistant to antibiotics. TB infection occurs in the light-coloured areas on the map below. In the dark-coloured areas infection is common, in the white areas TB is rare.

It's not the first time that a steroids user has run into problems because TB tests don't work. The researchers also think that "anabolic androgenic steroids should be added to list of factors causing false negative tuberculosis skin test".

I take shitloads of deca, it is second to testosterone hands down. If it replaced test in the body better, then i'd actually consider deca to be a better steroid than testosterone itself.

I take shitloads of deca, it is second to testosterone hands down. If it replaced test in the body better, then i'd actually consider deca to be a better steroid than testosterone itself.

You find it any good for strength or just size?

early studies suggested that nandrolone (deca form) 4 times more anabolic than testosterone mg for mg and one third as androgenic. This was say comparing 50mg of deca with 200mg of test enanthate.

Who knows what happens with high dosages that some take.

You find it any good for strength or just size?

Well both sort of come on synergistically i'd say. We all know its great for joints and great for bones, it protects against arthritis and osteoporosis etc etc. Its also as anabolic as all fuck with very little sides, unlike testosterone. I think you can add deca to any cycle, i've seen guys adding low dose deca to their cutting cycles in order to keep joints fresh and add that extra little anabolic effect.

early studies suggested that nandrolone (deca form) 4 times more anabolic than testosterone mg for mg and one third as androgenic. This was say comparing 50mg of deca with 200mg of test enanthate.

Who knows what happens with high dosages that some take.

Yeah i've read stuff like that, and many people still to this day steer clear of testosterone due to its androgenic effects. The old school guys did have some good ideas, such as the famous Dbol/Deca cycles, these prooved to be awesome.

The highest i've seen anyone dose deca was 2g pw alongside 4g test e pw plus 40mg dbol ed. This was said to be a MR O during his off season period, about 3 or 4 years ago from memory.

in Arnolds era it was pretty much all deca/dbol/test
At the higher doses people take these days though deca is not used so much apart from when loads of mass needs to be build (the earlier years).

Equipoise is a popular alternative for a lot of people, it's very similar but no moon face. It's not as estrogenic so the mass gains aren't as much

I will put a post later i read today on T-nation of what pro bbs were taking in 2010.

You should see what Andreas Munzer was taking in his last cycle, fucken insane but absolutely awesome!!

now cant find it, it was like 1-2g of test per week to start with.

1-2g pw, thats a load of rubbish man, their cruises consist of several grams pw lol!

in Arnolds era it was pretty much all deca/dbol/test
At the higher doses people take these days though deca is not used so much apart from when loads of mass needs to be build (the earlier years).

Equipoise is a popular alternative for a lot of people, it's very similar but no moon face. It's not as estrogenic so the mass gains aren't as much

Yeah funny when i researched into arnold cycles they don't always mention test, its always dbol, deca, primo, i always thought he must have had his hands on enanth or cyp or maybe plain old prop?

I used to like EQ but my last time running it made me feel weird as fuck sometimes, i got what some others say is deep breathing, almost feels like your choking on nothing, scary feeling, and also anxiety, though all steroids cause anxiety to a certain degree, but EQ is known for causing more anxiety due to its ability to increase red blood cells, this is how they came across that side effect etc etc. Not everyone will beleive this i'd say. High RBC can be very dangerous though, especially in susceptibe people, it can lead to blood clots. EQ can also cause badder than usuall acne in some people.

No offense but i don't think EQ is similar at all to deca, they are complete opposites, how can you think they are similar? Thats like saying dbol is similar to stana, when they are complete opposites. They act completely different with different gains and different side effects, and even their structures are completey different, obviously deca is a 19-Nor and EQ isn't.

Last edited:
They often went without test
Low dose test, high dose anabolics

Boldenone is commonly compared to nandrolone :shrug:
Like t-bol to d-bol