• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

standing rows

Good question.

My question to those that say it is a shoulder wrecker.

Where do they hold the bar when squatting?

Is that a fair comparison though? sure the bar is behind the neck when sqatting but the bar isn't moving

Last edited:
Is that a fair comparison though? sure the bar is behind the neck when sqatting but the bar isn't moving

Fair enough.

If you consider the mechanics of the shoulder and refer to my previous posts and then just think for a moment about the time and effort spent by *most trainees that do too much movement around the shoulder, then it would be easy to say that the behind the neck press would just be adding to shoulder complications.

With a well designed template I see no reason to add the BNP or even the Bradford press, both help with the bench press.

*wide grip pulldown, press, bench, flys, dips, cable work...

I believe a trainee (which is most of us here) wanting to be as strong as an Ox and smart.
There isn't really much needed;
Barbell
Squat stands
Chinning and dipping bar.