• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should body-building be an Olympic Sport?

Should body-building be an Olympic Sport?

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 93.1%

• Total voters
With golf, the most pointless sport in the olympics (golf is returning for the 2016 games). The players don't give a crap as olympic gold isn't the pinnacle of the sport.

In my opinion for a sport to be included, the gold medal should be the pinnacle of that event.

Yep. Well said

Bodybuilding is a form of art (performance art in fact).

It is not a sport.

So no. Not in the Olympics.

I used to play tennis and was obsessed by it until I was in my 20s.. Much less so now. Never go.
But also cannot understand why tennis and golf are in there.
Also soccer/football should never be included.
The pinnacle of the sport/game is certainly not the Olympics.

I also cannot fathom why dance gymnastics (not strict gymnastics) is in there and also synchronised swimming.

Again, these are performance art, not sport.

Rant over.

Then again, we don't get coverage of anything here unless it's swimming
#BORING

Voted no.

Bodybuilding is not a sport by my definition.

Neither is diving, gymnastics and any other subjectively judged activity. Get the lot of them out.

bull, yes my favourite sports are where judges (sometimes proven corrupt) have no bearing.

That is why I love racing sports most; running, freestyle swimming, track cycling, rowing, canoeing and so on).

Weightlifting and field events also amongst my favorites.

Having said that, the gymnastics is very impressive.

bull, yes my favourite sports are where judges (sometimes proven corrupt) have no bearing.

That is why I love racing sports most; running, freestyle swimming, track cycling, rowing, canoeing and so on).

Weightlifting and field events also amongst my favorites.

Having said that, the gymnastics is very impressive.

Impressive absolutely, sport no.

The thing is that most of those non-sports that are in the olympics would not exist without the support that being an olympic sport delivers. I don't want to see them disappear but I don't believe they are sports.

I love the track and field events. Bit over swimming because we get saturated with it like CCM said.

how about shooting/archery? it's a skill, not an athletic feat, although it has quantifiable outcome, rather than opinion.
boxing is also about subjective opinion (and vaguely counting punches that land) until someone is KO'd

Olympic walking? judges are there to assess technique and disqualify people.

team sports? should Olympics be individual only?

golf as Olympic sport is stupid, unless it is amateur only?

walking has always shitted me off as a sport. they virtually all cheat when style is shown in slow-mo.

walking has always shitted me off as a sport. they virtually all cheat when style is shown in slow-mo.

Love watching the walkers, can't stop laughing till they hit the finish line.
It is the funniest sport, the style/technique just kills me.
:D

No

Though would be interesting to see what would happen with all the drug testing.

marathon is good so is triathlon.
My brother came first in his division (paratriathlon t3) yesterday

para triathlon - 750m swim, 20km cycle and 5km run -same as sprint distance for normal triathlon

No

Though would be interesting to see what would happen with all the drug testing.

marathon is good so is triathlon.
My brother came first in his division (paratriathlon t3) yesterday

para triathlon - 750m swim, 20km cycle and 5km run -same as sprint distance for normal triathlon

Congrats to your bro [MENTION=11115]lex[/MENTION];