• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Running

Love my running. Road runs & sprints, happy doing either.
Nothing too long on the pavement, but have done the tough mudder, which I thought would be more obstacle than run, but I was wrong.
I think you can incorporate running into any training schedule. The better your lungs are, the more you can push in the gym IMO

The other side of that (the coin) is;

If you can make your gym work "huffy puffy" now and again the more you can push the road work.

Love my running. Road runs & sprints, happy doing either.
Nothing too long on the pavement, but have done the tough mudder, which I thought would be more obstacle than run, but I was wrong.
I think you can incorporate running into any training schedule. The better your lungs are, the more you can push in the gym IMO

You doing it again this year?

I've started a keto (cyclic) diet this year and have started running again, primarily to do this event again. I have to say to my surprise I am running much better. last year while training for the event I couldn't maintain long runs as my legs were burning and giving out but I'm running now in ketosis and have no such problem at all. Mind you if I try and run fast or sprint it would be a different story.

I use to do a lot of running in the army but since leaving i don't... i think i need to lose a lot of weight before i start running long distances again