• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rules at your gym? are you getting introuble.

have to say that my gym is pretty easy going , they don't come down too hard , except on people that don't put weight aways , so the instructor chase after someone for them to come put their shit away it was good for a laugh

Less complaining more changing of gyms.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This:p

My gym is great, I set my own music, blast it as loud as I want, I yell and swear as I curse the last set of bench presses, I have even been known to train in nothing but my underwear, I at times drop weights, and sometimes I even just walk away and leave the weights sitting on the floor till next time I train, and best of all no one even dares to move them while I am not there.....and the owner is a super cool dude:)

Just do what I did and set up your home Gym after putting up with all the crap and tossers of a commercial gym.....never again for me!:rolleyes:

Rules at my gym:
1. Don't shit/piss/puke on the floor.
2. Don't rack pull with my good bars, use the shit ones.
3. No Rebecca Black/Justin Beiber/Pop/Country on the stereo.

I love owning my own gym.

The guy thats runs the gym i go to has got up me for everything.

I bring a cd player in and crank up my music and the gym is right next to his office and he winges that the music is to loud and he cant concentrate on his office work, also they have tv's in there and the old people sit on the treddmills and watch the today show and the mornings show and they complained to the owner that they cant hear it cause of my music so he told me to have it really light or dont have it on at all, WHAT THE FUCK its a gym not a place to watch tv, that really pissed me off.

I have got introuble for spilling a little bit of chalk on the ground when i do deadlifts, he said people are gonna slip on that. I said to him its hard to grip 170 kilos when ur hands are dripping with swett , he told me thats not his problem hes more concerned about safety.

The other week he got up me for dropping dumbells when i bench , because it will damage the floor , so i put mats down beside the bench and drop the dumbells and he still comes in and complains and tells me dont drop them at all even if theres mats.

I always put away the weights after my workout is finished but he fuckin tells me i have to put away the weights after i finish my set incase other people have to use them, WHAT THE FUCK i wanna be resting and focusing on my next set , instead he expects me to pack away that weight when im buggered furthering my recovery time.

Sorry about my long rant but its like he has something against people lifting heavy weights he gets along with the pussys lifting light weights but when he sees something trying to lift heavy and is trying to do there best and motivate themselves,he suddenly has a problem

You'll find those rules at pretty much any gym..
  • why dont you wear head phones, everyone else does.
  • instead of chalk, try straps.
  • put your weights back if your not using them again, everyone else does, I do it because others use them and It doesnt ruin my recovery at all.
i think your being dis-respectful to the guys gym. sorry bud

Last edited:
I bring a cd player in and crank up my music and the gym is right next to his office and he winges that the music is to loud and he cant concentrate on his office work
Ever heard of headphones??? Have some respect for others, I'd tell you to turn it off as well.

My gym owner is nothing but a hater and trys to bring people down that wanna take bodybuilding serious.

Boo hoo. Seriously, you walked in there and bought a membership in his gym. If you didn't bother checking his rules before hand to find out if the gym's suitable for you, that's your fault. It's his gym, so you abide by his rules, or you find another alternative. Go buy a squat stand, barbell and weights. Problem solved.

This is why when I was looking for a gym membership 3ish months ago, everywhere I looked, I checked to make sure they had viable equipment. Once I found a gym with proper barbells and a power rack, I checked to see if there's any problem with me using chalk. They're answer: "So long as you clean up after yourself, I don't see why there'd be any problem." So I clean up after myself and there's no problems.

Respect the gym you're in, or you're just being a bitch.

Rules at my gym:
1. Don't shit/piss/puke on the floor.
2. Don't rack pull with my good bars, use the shit ones.
3. No Rebecca Black/Justin Beiber/Pop/Country on the stereo.

I love owning my own gym.

Good stuff Freako, this is up on the Gold Coast hey?

My gym is great, I set my own music, blast it as loud as I want, I yell and swear as I curse the last set of bench presses, I have even been known to train in nothing but my underwear, I at times drop weights, and sometimes I even just walk away and leave the weights sitting on the floor till next time I train, and best of all no one even dares to move them while I am not there.....and the owner is a super cool dude:)

Just do what I did and set up your home Gym after putting up with all the crap and tossers of a commercial gym.....never again for me!:rolleyes:

LOL, This. i love it.

I dont think ive ever trained in anything more then my briefs, I love it, Especially when im training wieh my girlfriend ;)

Dont think this would go down to well in a public gym.

Let alone my taste for Reggae, Wutang and Aussie hip hop played Though a Big sub and 6 surround sound speakers at a very high DB.

Dam i love my home gym granny flat. The allowance for all sorts of weird shit is Promoted by the owner :)

Ahhhh, the sweet sound of the home gym set up. I got all my gear now and all I have to do is set it up (in about 3-4 days its ready to go)

But to be fare, my gym is pretty easy going, just have to make sure you put the weights away after using and wear appropriate foot wear/a towel, that's it really....I used chalk, etc with no probs as log as we sweep up any spills after using they don't care. But the bloody techno music and the wankers curling in the squat rack, and the poofs in the showers, and the ass holes who try to squeeze in on your gear, and the rant rant rant etc LOL you get the idea.
CHANGE GYMS MATE, that gym sounds like a freakin no training zone pffft, I wouldn't give em my money for that shit. I understand about the music but sheesh, putting weights back after each set, no way!