• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Olympic Lifting in Perth ?

Peterpack

Hi guys, any recommendations on where i can learn Olympic lifting in Perth ? I am SOR in Canning Vale

I've found a few Crossfit gyms which do some olympic lifting but for the money you pay, they only have a couple of pure olympic lifting classes per week. At this point in time, i don't want to do the rest of the Crossfit stuff, just olympic lifting

Two gyms that might be worth checking out are muscle pit and PTC. They would both have the gear you need but I'm not sure about coaching.

Hi Peter. We definately do Olympic lifting coaching at PTC Perth.

Aaron teaches these lifts and here is a video of him under the bar.

[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zKOZuzvXM&list=PL-nCvu0Lnc4J2vc7CKjcSgBM2_JAsv6VM]Aaron under the bar again - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

There are more videos on our channel -> Performance Training Centre - Perth - YouTube

On the weekend we held a Power Clean Clinic for our members, with the hope to hold more in the future as well as other lifts.

Any ideas in the Gold Coast region for a gym? Would love to learn the O lifts.

If you want pure oly lifting, I'd jump on the AWF website and see if it lists weightlifting clubs in your area.

If you want a gym to train at then I'd look at PTC Gold Coast or Gold Coast Barbell, owners of both post on this site.

I think WA headquarters is still at the speed dome. I may be wrong. Some of those lifters used to train at Midland PCYC.

Be prepared to be humbled. I went in to squat one day powerlifting style and Caroline Pileggi was there doing full Olympic squats for reps with 180kg like it was a broomstick, no belt.

We have inquired about that state club list and all it requires is a yearly fee.

We have about a dozen athletes training specifically for Olympic Lifting, with a few competing in March. Looking forward to that.

Calling it both good and non crossfit sounds a bit redundant :p

if you'd actually had any contact with some of the crossfit affiliates in Perth you'd realise how stupid your statement is.
Some of the Crossfit affliates are very well run, and actually care about strength sports in WA. Crossfit armed in Port Kennedy is a great example with Olympic lifting, Strongman, and IPF powerlifting.

Any ideas in the Gold Coast region for a gym? Would love to learn the O lifts.

For O lift coaching I'd talk to Tom at PTC Gold Coast, there is no dedicated local oly gym unless you make the trip to brissie. Tom told me he started out O lifting before switching to PL so should know his shit.

If your just looking for somewhere to train then Freakos gym in Southport or PTC in Nerang depending on what you wanna do and where you live. GC Barbell is now the local PA club and PTC is affiliated with GPC if you got aspirations to compete in PL. If your just looking to train I'd go to whichever is closer to home, athough Barberll has all the strongman gear which can be super fun.

Commercial gyms on the Goldy are fucked, I never thought it was possible to get so many wankers in one place.

if you'd actually had any contact with some of the crossfit affiliates in Perth you'd realise how stupid your statement is.
Some of the Crossfit affliates are very well run, and actually care about strength sports in WA. Crossfit armed in Port Kennedy is a great example with Olympic lifting, Strongman, and IPF powerlifting.

Crossfit armed is relatively new so perhaps/hopefully they're doing things differently. Ive trained at southern crossfit and the cell crossfit which were regarded as the better ones in perth, so i stand by my statement.

I train at a gym pretty much next door to the cell.. always been curious about that place heh, advertising all over my neighbourhood!

True! Ive been in contact with Josh there (I think thats him) and they are serious about it all. He was going to do one of our novice comps... but he's IPF.