• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Needing some advice on calories

sam82

I've been a longtime luker but finally at my wits end I've decided to reach out for some advice.
It's hard to write this so short and not give enough info. So I hope I don't bore anyone.
I've gone from 84kg to 65kg in around 1.5yrs with the help of a personal trainer. I strength train 5 days a week upper/lower split cardio 1 day a week.
I stupidly didn't think the weight was moving quick enough in the first 6 months so I started eating 800-900 calories a day. Consumed with low calorie foods.
The weight flew off me but then my trainer moved his programming over to everfit and started noticing how little I was eating. And not his prescribed ammount.
He set me a new goal october last yr, that each month or so we add in 100 calories and up my protein intake (was eating hardly any as I saw it as too calorie dense compared to soup diet jelly etc) until I reach where my maintenance should be and then it will be easier if I wish to lose more weight from there.

So now I'm sitting on 1450 calories a day I'm 40 yrs old 165cm I get a consistent 20k steps each day. I train for a hour and half each day lifting pretty decent weight. I weight absolutely everything I eat/drink and log it.
My body weight has gone upto 67kg in 6months. I have gained a small ammount of muscle (mostly arms legs) but I feel my stomach is getting bigger.
I'm scared if I keep following his advice I'm going to gain all the weight back. Should I continue following his advice?
please help point me in the right direction

I would recommend you to follow your trainer’s advice and follow his path and also start walking in order to maintain your fitness goal.