• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Less gains this month = how much food?

Man when I was younger and didnt have much money to spend of stuff - Milk powder was my friend! - used a fuck load of this stuff - Id have about 2 scoops of my protein scoop which is like 60g (so 4 tablespoons) - have this in your snack with a big ass peanut butter sandwich.

Then before bed have some more milk powder and maybe some cottage cheese if you can afford it (fairly cheap) - this is what I used to have!

Thanks PS, I might just take some more milk powder, with protein powder or without i dont know ill decide later.

i think i might start taking some protein powder.

...on a very tight budget.?

Are not condusive.

Protein powder per serve is generally more expensive than food. More cals, add in whole milk. Cheap, good protein, some fat (which you seem to be lacking) and high cal.

Try adding 500ml-1ltr a/day. That's an extra 15-30g~ of protein/fat + 3-600cal/day. That should be all you need to spur some new growth.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but my diet is pretty good. I have a sports nutritionist who has set up my diet. Im just curious, since i have gained more weight, i would eat more right, and because the gains weren't as much as last time, rather a lot less, i need more food in me?

Then why ask mate? How can we know i you need to eat more if we dont know you're diet.. :rolleyes:

Are not condusive.

Protein powder per serve is generally more expensive than food. More cals, add in whole milk. Cheap, good protein, some fat (which you seem to be lacking) and high cal.

Try adding 500ml-1ltr a/day. That's an extra 15-30g~ of protein/fat + 3-600cal/day. That should be all you need to spur some new growth.

Yeah okay i wont get powder.
Looks like ill be going for some milk. Thanks dude.
Ill try get enough milk for an extra 300 calories.

Yes i know bread is more processed and not as good, but we get loads of it for free.
Just because it's free does not make it good.

Sweet potatoes taste like crap and make baby Jesus cry. Got a better suggestion ? (Other than just eat it)
Maaaaaate..what's up with you. Sprinkle some cinamon on it.

You could go for white potatoes.

I like white potatoes in olive oil with a o=pinch of salt, but normally eat sweet potatoe.

Maaaaaate..what's up with you. Sprinkle some cinamon on it.

I like white potatoes in olive oil with a o=pinch of salt, but normally eat sweet potatoe.

hehe... the answer to the first question is 'a lot'.

White potatoes, year I can dig that :)

Yes thats true, but i can't change sorry, i already pay more money then i earn for food (no job but work with dad).
fair enough, but oats are cheap.

I know, I know bread tastes nice esp toasted.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM toast.

>insert Homer drool< :D:D:D:D

I get sick of sweet potatoes pretty quickly but white/red potatoes I'm just fine with and can eat daily. Add a bit of garlic and some basil and you're laughing.

Oh and for LMD. Oats/Potatoes etc. aren't exactly expensive. Oats being $1/750-800g so a couple of bucks for near 2kg aint bad. Same with (white) potatoes $2-3/kg depending where you get 'em. Cheaper from markets etc.

Also as to what PowerSports said about the Milk Powder, it's dirt cheap and adding it TO your milk will add more awesome to eat + extra protein etc.

Cheers for suggestions guys.

I will be having, 1 cup of milk and 3 tbs milk powder.
And just for you bread haters, i will try mix it up every so often.

Yea Jim, ill get natural pb. Ill probably change it up all the time. As long as its highly nutrional and around 300 calories.