• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Left Knee Pain

Some good info in this thread!

I've been experiencing lower back issues for around a year now, and it's taking me ages to get on top of. I'm hoping some experienced people in here can offer some advice.

The pain I have is in the region of the multifidus

multifidus.JPG

I can generally squat and deadlift small amounts of weight, but when the load gets heavier, say around 60kg or more, I get direct pressure right in that spot, which can radiate down into my glutes. This will inflame that muscle and cause soreness and loss of mobility for a few days afterwards.

I've tried a lot of trigger point therapy both myself and an Osteopath with dry point needling. My glutes had trigger points everywhere, and I've mostly gotten rid of all of those by rolling on a hockey ball. My upper and middle back also had a lot of trigger points which I believe I've mostly taken care of.

I've incorporated a lot of core work into my routine, but that hasn't made any difference to the pain.

I do sit down all day, and get very tight hamstrings and hip flexors. I try to stretch a lot before a workout, but nothing has seemed to work.

Any ideas? Sorry to hijack the thread!